·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all get the normal questions and comments like:
"Who makes it?"
"I didn't know Triumph still made bikes."

And the like.

Yesterday I heard an all new one while stopping for lunch at a local bike gathering joint with CB and HiVel.
"Does that thing like to wheelie? It looks PISSED OFF that the front wheel is on the ground."

;D

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
I have the perfect response:

"Actually, no. It makes so much Horsepower and Torque that the rear tire breaks loose long before it wheelies."

I learned to lie from all the Harley riders I grew up with...

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crashmasterd said:
I have the perfect response:

"Actually, no. It makes so much Horsepower and Torque that the rear tire breaks loose long before it wheelies."

I learned to lie from all the Harley riders I grew up with...
Funny.
Actually yesterday I learned that if I give the bike full throttle in second gear, it breaks the tire loose. I did it twice. The first time was on accident (exiting a sharp turn), the second was just for fun - as the bike fishtailed back and forth. Third will do it too, but just not as dramatically. ;D

Stock sprockets too.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
I've broke loose the rear on a number of occasions (in 2nd and 3rd) but it's always been on particularly cold pavement. The Pilot Powers don't like 35º>. What tires are you using?

On the other hand, at the drag strip they spray the track down with VHT. Hmmm, sticky goodness!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have Pilot Power 2c - the day was plenty hot. 89* F.

And I weigh 220 pounds in gear.

This was only the second time I have run the bike hard since the head work. It is definitely more powerful than before. Even CB's brief ride on my bike will support this.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
You finished the head work?

Excuse my rudeness but, I hate you and all you stand for.

Screw the dyno work on the exhaust, I want numbers off the head work! Did you go with the Daytona cams?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No - stock cams for right now. Working on a custom grind.

I may pull the heads and cut the valve stems. I wanted to see just what each step does on this engine. I am trying to get it on the dyno again very soon. I need some tuning work since the head work was done.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Sigh.

And here I am, not even riding lately. I've developed tendinitis in my right elbow. Riding aggravates it, and I can't afford to screw up my body right now. Seeing the Doctor on Tuesday.

G

·
crashmasterd said:
Sigh.

And here I am, not even riding lately. I've developed tendinitis in my right elbow. Riding aggravates it, and I can't afford to screw up my body right now. Seeing the Doctor on Tuesday.
Too much :jerkit: :fingure:

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
limey said:
The sad part is I had to give that up too. Mother Thumb and her four daughters are taking it kinda hard...

·
Registered
167 Posts
crashmasterd said:
limey said:
The sad part is I had to give that up too. Mother Thumb and her four daughters are taking it kinda hard...

that would be an impossible mission. heal up quick!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.