·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all get the normal questions and comments like:
"Who makes it?"
"I didn't know Triumph still made bikes."

And the like.

Yesterday I heard an all new one while stopping for lunch at a local bike gathering joint with CB and HiVel.
"Does that thing like to wheelie? It looks PISSED OFF that the front wheel is on the ground."

;D

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
I have the perfect response:

"Actually, no. It makes so much Horsepower and Torque that the rear tire breaks loose long before it wheelies."

I learned to lie from all the Harley riders I grew up with...

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crashmasterd said:
I have the perfect response:

"Actually, no. It makes so much Horsepower and Torque that the rear tire breaks loose long before it wheelies."

I learned to lie from all the Harley riders I grew up with...
Funny.
Actually yesterday I learned that if I give the bike full throttle in second gear, it breaks the tire loose. I did it twice. The first time was on accident (exiting a sharp turn), the second was just for fun - as the bike fishtailed back and forth. Third will do it too, but just not as dramatically. ;D

Stock sprockets too.

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
I've broke loose the rear on a number of occasions (in 2nd and 3rd) but it's always been on particularly cold pavement. The Pilot Powers don't like 35º>. What tires are you using?

On the other hand, at the drag strip they spray the track down with VHT. Hmmm, sticky goodness!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have Pilot Power 2c - the day was plenty hot. 89* F.

And I weigh 220 pounds in gear.

This was only the second time I have run the bike hard since the head work. It is definitely more powerful than before. Even CB's brief ride on my bike will support this.

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
You finished the head work?

Excuse my rudeness but, I hate you and all you stand for.

Screw the dyno work on the exhaust, I want numbers off the head work! Did you go with the Daytona cams?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No - stock cams for right now. Working on a custom grind.

I may pull the heads and cut the valve stems. I wanted to see just what each step does on this engine. I am trying to get it on the dyno again very soon. I need some tuning work since the head work was done.

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
Sigh.

And here I am, not even riding lately. I've developed tendinitis in my right elbow. Riding aggravates it, and I can't afford to screw up my body right now. Seeing the Doctor on Tuesday.

G

·
crashmasterd said:
Sigh.

And here I am, not even riding lately. I've developed tendinitis in my right elbow. Riding aggravates it, and I can't afford to screw up my body right now. Seeing the Doctor on Tuesday.
Too much :jerkit: :fingure:

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
limey said:
The sad part is I had to give that up too. Mother Thumb and her four daughters are taking it kinda hard...

·
Registered
167 Posts
crashmasterd said:
limey said:
The sad part is I had to give that up too. Mother Thumb and her four daughters are taking it kinda hard...

that would be an impossible mission. heal up quick!

·
Registered
18,149 Posts
it was funny as hell when that feller said that. Him and his gang were all on gsxrs, R1's and CBR's. When we left they were sit'n at the shop right at the road, and I made speedy happy fer 'em. :smitty:

;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.