Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Going to start casually planning a 3 or 4 day ride through BC to the Rockies and back, likely staying in the homeland here due to our sh**ty dollar value at the present with no letting up. If anybody is interested in being included let me know and I will post details as they transpire. I know its early to plan, but I like to look forward to it and slowly get a route together.

Plan is for end of May or early June and there are already 2 others (at least) who are in from my riding group.

Happy new year everyone.

·
Registered
23,333 Posts
I'm scared of the world outside the boundaries of Rancho Relaxo so I will not be able to attend .

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Come on Bucket tis the same lands under the same monarch!

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
Will there be any jerk off parties?

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
And I was hoping nitey was going to be the master of ceremonies.

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
Lmao

·
Registered
6,785 Posts

·
Registered
11,733 Posts
We'll be expecting pics....and lots of them.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm not sure why you're duplicating your first half day and your last half day... is 99 that good that it's worth riding both ways?
Crawford Bay - Creston (on your day 2 map) is a good stretch. I've heard good things about some of the other roads. I rode the Crowsnest Hwy that far before dropping back into the US. This was my day 1 and day 2 on my trip in 2015:
v2-2015rideday1.png v2-2015rideday2.png

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To answer your question.

- a number of us are avoiding reality (our shitty dollar) and not crossing the border this year which limits options on the south part of the province.
- this way avoids Vancouver (for us) and a lot of mundane highway clicks
- the 99 is easily good enough to ride both ways (promise), I rode it 4 times last year and can't wait to return every time. Pemberton all the way to Cache Creek is orgasmic. And Merritt to Spence's Bridge is one of the best roads in BC, easily worth repeating.

Beyond that, since pretty much every road on day 2 is a twisty or lakeside route none of that is changing. The only debate at this point among the group will be to go through Princeton on day 3 instead of riding the 33 up through Kelowna (which is supposed to be excellent). Will be a game-time decision.

If you care to join for any part of the ride let me know. We are up to 7 bikes now.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'd love to come along. Likelihood is low, but possible, because I'm already taking off a week in April and one in July for my own riding trips.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would probably join you guys from Horseshoe Bay to Whistler, maybe further?
Whatever you want sir, more the merrier. You see the route and where we are headed, I can help co-ordinate if you want to just meet for part of it. If you want to join for the whole thing let me know and I will make sure you get hotel accommodations.

......lets face it, the road just starts to get good once you past Pemberton.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts