Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you!

how do you like this little bike I found on an Italien page....

I think it would be a perfect bike next to my Speedy in my garage....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Look how big the back sprocket is! Wheelie time!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
The more I look at this, the more i appreciate the work involved. Very nice. :pow:

·
Registered
893 Posts
I don't like it. I like Bonnevilles, but why try to make one into an s3? For all the money that was spent on that bike, it will probably not even perform as well as a stock s3. A Bonneville as a Friday night cruiser, yeah that's cool. But as cash infused sportike wannabe? Not me, thanks.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
I have to disagree with kcjones. That bike is the dogs bollox. It only lacks a single sided swing arm to make it near perfect. And maybe replace the oil tank and battery cover with custom aluminum units.

The reason for any custom isn't that it will be faster or better or perform the same as a new stock bike. The purpose is to have something incredibly cool that no one else has. In that this guy has succeeded admirably.

In any case I bet that thing performs better than you think. The most fun bike I've EVER owned was my 1967 Triumph TT special, with the race cams and valves, and 10.5:1 compression. It's light weight and good handling combined with good HP made it a blast on the street (they were a factory desert racer, if you didn't know).

·
Registered
893 Posts
crashmasterd said:
I have to disagree with kcjones. That bike is the dogs bollox. It only lacks a single sided swing arm to make it near perfect. And maybe replace the oil tank and battery cover with custom aluminum units.

The reason for any custom isn't that it will be faster or better or perform the same as a new stock bike. The purpose is to have something incredibly cool that no one else has. In that this guy has succeeded admirably.

In any case I bet that thing performs better than you think. The most fun bike I've EVER owned was my 1967 Triumph TT special, with the race cams and valves, and 10.5:1 compression. It's light weight and good handling combined with good HP made it a blast on the street (they were a factory desert racer, if you didn't know).
You're right. I don't understand customs as far as a form over functionality exercise goes, and I'm not trying to deride anyone who likes customs either. I just look at that front fork, swing arm, rear tire, and frame, and I see a bike that might corner ok at moderate speeds but when you push it, like it appears to have been designed to, you will wallow and wobble, but look cool while doing it. :wave:

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
Like Devi, I can appreciate the work that has gone into but.......like kmoss......its fuckin' ugly.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
The shape of the bike looks good. It's like a supermoto really.

I just think the seat coloring is wrong.

A cool bike though. Wouldn't mind having in my garage, if I had one.

G

·
I think it looks fantastic. I'm not a huge fan of customs just for the sake of it but some of them look great. There's another Italian firm I think that makes a custom Thruxton that is really stunning. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Phil

·
Registered
263 Posts
Some questionable color choices make it a little over the top for me.... but the basic design and custom work is sweet.

I have to put my vote it the "love it" column!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
The more I look at it, the more I like my Thruxton.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
kcjones said:
I don't like it. I like Bonnevilles, but why try to make one into an s3? For all the money that was spent on that bike, it will probably not even perform as well as a stock s3. A Bonneville as a Friday night cruiser, yeah that's cool. But as cash infused sportike wannabe? Not me, thanks.

Oh...I didn´t know that some of you are completely S3 minded and try to find a S3 or compare everything that has two wheels with a S3....

The shown bike is constructed with parts of a Bonneville comming out of the following years: chassis (modified) of a T120 of 1962, tank of a Bonnie T120 of 1968 and the bicylindrical motor is a 750cc which has been taken from a Bonneville T140 of 1975.

This all comes next to modern technic such as a monoshock absorber from Ohlins and other nice things....

And then a question to all of you....did you discover another big difference to our Speeed Triples???.....

Take close look at the pictures.

:eek: Can you see it?

No?

-
-
-
-
-

Okey I will tell you....

The shown bike has Brembos....

;) ;) ;D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts