Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying a 2007 Speed Triple this week and noticed that the bike does not have a rear tire hugger. Not sure if the previous owner removed it, or if the 2007 model just doesn't come with one from the factory.

Regardless, I like the look and function of the hugger and would like to purchase one. Every one I am seeing is an aftermarket unit and the cheapest ones go for around $130 which I am not willing to spend on a piece of plastic. For the life of me, no matter what year S3 I choose, I can not seem to find a rear hugger in any OEM parts diagrams.

I gotta imagine the OEM piece cant go for more than $50. Cost $30 for my Yamaha. Can someone help me out here?

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
Your bike didn't come with a rear hugger. It should have but Triumph didn't include. I've always had one on my 2007 and my shock thanks me. Get one.

Oh. They cost more than 50. Check EBay to start. Look at folks here and other retailers like British Customs and Pure Triumph.

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
Imperial sport bikes on EBay, or google them and call the shop direct..

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
there are 2 triumph huggers, a textured black (plastic) and a carbon fiber. the plastic one is $129 at most places. if you don't want to spend that much, take joe's advice and look for a used hugger

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Man, I did have a bad feeling that the "textured black" piece I was seeing for $129 was in fact an OEM hugger but I was hoping I was just wrong. I guess there are some benefits to owning a Japanese bike..haha.

·
Registered
23,333 Posts
I have a Triumph rear hugger on my 05,i don't know if it is the same as an 07 one,but it is as useless as tits on a bull.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a Triumph rear hugger on my 05,i don't know if it is the same as an 07 one,but it is as useless as tits on a bull.
Does that mean you want to remove it and send it to me free of charge :p

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Careful! You may be recipient of a package full of bull tits.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I got a new rear wheel hugger off e-bay for $85 about a year ago. They do show up there once in a while. It keeps the crud off the rear shock and the the front of the swing-arm, but that's about it. If you have removed the original donkey d!ck from the back of the bike and installed tail-tidy, you'll be getting full content of the rooster tail road grime whenever you ride on the wet pavement, hugger installed or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys,
maybe one of you can help me out, i`ve got speed triple 2005/2006 I want to get a rear hugger I`ve found to types. this and this the last one they that will fit 08 year models on. But the holes for screwing are exactly like the ones on my bike which is a 06 year.
The first, the picture is totally different from my bike! does anyone here have a speedy 06 model with a hugger?
Thanks a lot!

Eric

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
That first one isn't for a Speed Triple at all. The second one is correct for a 06.

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
The second one looks exactly like the one on my 06. I don't know if there are any differences on the 08-10 model. I don't expect so but I'm not sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts