Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
601 - 619 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
You are gong to be in a prime riding area. 176 from Landrum to Saluda starts out slowly but when it starts climbing the "Saluda Grade" it becomes what we call "racetrack road". It's where I go to evaluate mods to my Vette (personal best 1.29 G's). A lot of it is 3 lanes with 2 lanes for the uphill direction which lets you take outrageous lines when there is no traffic (most of the time). Once you get to Saluda you are very close to Green River Cove road which is the tightest piece of pavement I've ever seen. It's an interesting road to ride but so tight you can't really push it. But there are an amazing number of great roads just waiting for you to find them. Chicken strips won't last long.
Just discovered Skyuka Mountain Rd . I'm in heaven.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Have you found NC 151 (Pisgah Highway)? It goes down the north side from the BRP not far from the Pisgah Inn. A little farther away but worth the ride. There are so many good roads, it's ridiculous.
Thank you for the reminder. I have driven this route a few years ago and remember how beautiful it was. It's time to return there on two wheels this time.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Hi folks.
She’s a bit quiet on the old website but we’ll see who is still around.
I’m after some recommendations.
My dear old dad died earlier this year and circumstances prevented me from properly marking his passing.
He was a motorcyclist all the way into his seventies and made it to 92.
While he didn’t really have a favourite tipple he was a Navy man and enjoyed his rum.
I have assembled a couple of nice bottles but one of my brothers can’t drink rum so I am after a recommendation for a very good bourbon.
Remember that it needs to be available in Australia.
I haven’t had a drink for nearly a year but I may not make it to Christmas at this rate. :)
The pic of him is from my Monster (before I got Tripled) on his GN650 with trailer On a 3000 mil round trip.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Sorry about your dad. Woodford is decent but not one of my favorites. Bourbon availability is very spotty so hard to say what is available near you. Found this link to Best Bourbon in Oz. There are links at the top for filtering by price. High price is not necessarily an indicator of quality plus there is lots of personal preference involved. I tend to like the higher proof cask strength single barrel bottlings. If you click on the $110 filter to get rid of the absurd stuff like Pappy, my first choice is the Bookers followed by the Rare Breed but there is nothing on that page I wouldn't drink.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Hi folks.
She’s a bit quiet on the old website but we’ll see who is still around.
I’m after some recommendations.
My dear old dad died earlier this year and circumstances prevented me from properly marking his passing.
He was a motorcyclist all the way into his seventies and made it to 92.
While he didn’t really have a favourite tipple he was a Navy man and enjoyed his rum.
I have assembled a couple of nice bottles but one of my brothers can’t drink rum so I am after a recommendation for a very good bourbon.
Remember that it needs to be available in Australia.
I haven’t had a drink for nearly a year but I may not make it to Christmas at this rate. :)
The pic of him is from my Monster (before I got Tripled) on his GN650 with trailer On a 3000 mil round trip.
My sincere condolences about your dad's passing. As for Bourbon, I whole heartedly agree with Dr.'s recommendations.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Sorry to hear about your pops AA. Lost my dad in April 2020. Time heals. So does Bourbon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,989 Posts
It's been a shitty year for family passing in the Hockey house too. My condolences tp all that have lost someone.

As for Bourbon there are so may choices it really comes down to preference, My go to of late is an Old Fashion made with Crown Royals Northern Harvest Rye. Not a Bourbon but I like it.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
There are many that say an old fashion should be made with rye but I almost always use bourbon. There are a lot of good ryes out there too. I haven't tried the Crown Royals Northern Harvest Rye but it gets good reviews.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Apparently my old man passed recently too. My last words to him were...97..98...99...100..coming ready or not!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
My guess on the shine would have been BBopp.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Used to enjoy the political debates with you two fellers. A lot has changed in the last year and a half. The left has absolutely gone nuts and pushed me over to the right. Even voted for Trump last time around. Bang up job Biden is doing yeah? Fucking Clown.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
You’ve seen the light but still a shit stirrer.

As I’ve seasoned, I’ve realized my energy could be better spent on other things than trying to convince a bunch of whiney libtards that less government is better for ones life and liberty. Right now it’s their world and I’m just living in it.

601 - 619 of 619 Posts