The Speed Triple Forums banner

6201 - 6220 of 6236 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Get well soon Doc..........
Thanks Avi

I can't believe this is still going on, I though once they busted it up it would quickly pass but I've got the "flank pain" and nausea going on again every few hours including right now, just not nearly as bad. Actually managed to eat a bowl of oatmeal and do some laundry this morning, going to venture out to refill some prescriptions as soon as this passes and I don't feel like hurling. Puked again at 5 AM today but think that was a side effect of quitting the narcotics. Got my bowels moving again, produced something dblhelix would have been proud of. (TMI, I know).

The pre-op nurse pointed out that I had given myself 2 black eyes from retching so hard. Some people rupture their esophagus I'm told.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
Wow doc. I just saw this post. Sorry to hear about your pain. Get better! Rough year for you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
For a guy with the handle "Doc" you sure aren't getting the most out of your health care. ��

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I never claimed to be a medical doctor. Thought I was nearly over this but last night threw up 3 times between 10 PM and midnight. Up at 2:30 and 4:30 with flank pain. Finally got up and dressed, turned the heat up to 70, put on a fleece and a blanket and I'm freezing waiting for the doctor's office to open at 8 AM fully expecting them to say go back to the ER. This is day 8!!! Argh.

·
Super Moderator
5,983 Posts
Holy cow Doc, Hope you feel better soon. Side note, I had vertigo about a year ago and threw up so hard I damaged my ear. Doc said the balance issues would pass but the hearing loss would not. :mad:

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Damn doc. Keep your chin up. I hope they get it sorted out soon. Hopefully you’re not spending Christmas in the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Got no sympathy from the urologists, told "If you don't have a fever and can pee we don't need to see you. Take your meds and drink lots of water." Felt progressively better on Thursday although I didn't try any solid food. Felt pretty good on Christmas and ate 2 meals and kept them down. Feeling good this morning, crossing my fingers that everything has passed. Beautiful day but 19 degrees this morning, that's cold for SC.

I've posted several times that I can test fuel injectors at work on the master flow bench that we used back when we manufactured the SAGEM injectors, I've done that for a handful peeps. So this is formal notice that I'm retiring at the end of March. If you are having some fueling problems and think it might be injector related the window is closing for me to test them. If interested, PM me. Must say, it's been gratifying to see how very few of these injectors actually have any problems. It's been 37 years since I moved down here to take a job with the Prince of Darkness, told my parents it might not last a year. The plant has changed hands 6 times but it's been a good ride.

Finally, since this is supposed to be a thread about pictures, here is my breakfast of shoulder bacon, scrapple & fried eggs.

Attachments

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Retire in good health, before they can fire you!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Retire in good health, before they can fire you!
My boss is freaking out, wants me to do consulting but I'm thinking clean break. The thing is, we get all our accrued vacation on Jan 1 plus I have the max allowed carry over because I took very little this year (nowhere to go). So theoretically I only have to work 24 days in the first quarter 2021. I'm off all next week too.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
My boss is freaking out, wants me to do consulting but I'm thinking clean break.
What he's really telling you is, "You can name your own price." Don't tell him "No," give him an unreasonably high hourly. The best that can happen is he says "Yes" and the worst that can happen is you retire anyway!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
What he's really telling you is, "You can name your own price." Don't tell him "No," give him an unreasonably high hourly. The best that can happen is he says "Yes" and the worst that can happen is you retire anyway!
Not a bad idea. I’ve talked to a couple people that have retired during the pandemic and they wish they would’ve kept working. They’re going out of their mind with all of the time on their hands and nothing to do.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
By the end of the first quarter '21 I'm hoping the rona vaccine will be available to those over 65 and things will start opening up. By Memorial Day I hope to be in Canada on my island. Having missed an entire year, there will be a huge amount of work to do. I know there are trees down from last winter and beaver damage, this winter is barely getting started. The flag pole blew down this summer. I think my front docks are heavily damaged by record high water, may be gone by next year. Hopefully the newer back dock and boat house will still be standing. No idea if our small solar system will still be working, the batteries are about 12 years old and will have been sitting unattended for 21 months. They are deep cycle AGM and we leave them connected to the charge controller with the inverter disconnected. They have always over-wintered in the past but if something happens that stops the charging they will probably be toast. I really can't do remote work from there. No phone, no internet, completely off grid. I think by the time I come home in Sept '21 they will have gotten used to me being gone.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
If you can afford to retire (and only you will know) then do it.
You are a long time dead and one never knows when ones health will deteriorate.
It looks like you have a wonderful set-up there in Canada and you should be enjoying it.

Nice beaver work Kiddo. :)

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Well, with Starlink coming you should be able to have internet up there soon as long as you have enough power.

...and you need to hire me as a live in caretaker. I'll keep the beavers off and do the routine maintenance. Just keep me supplied with food and internet and a new sweater now and again.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Trust me Crash, you do not want to be a live in caretaker up there, Not only because there is no heat or insulation in my cabins. Only one islander has had a year round caretaker. It's not a problem in the summer when one boats everywhere or in the dead of winter when the lake is frozen solid and one can drive anything they want on the ice. During the shoulder seasons when the ice is forming or breaking up, the only way to get around is a hovercraft. Twice, caretakers have managed to fall out or flip the hovercraft on uneven broken up, piled up ice. One managed to swim to mainland only to die of hypothermia, the other drowned.

I'm more than ready to retire, just waiting for medicare to kick in at 65.

6201 - 6220 of 6236 Posts