Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

Opening DAT Files?

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  ventur4th 
#1 ·
Having a hell of a time with this! I can't look at any maps because they're DAT files and contain only non readable symbols - nothing that even remotely resembles a map.
Does any one know how to open these files to look at the maps, or does this require special software?
Any help is appreciated!

#7 ·
Devious2xs said:
If you downloaded the file here. You should notice that the file is zipped and will need to be uncompressed.

If not, try reinstalling the Tuneboy and TuneEdit files and drivers again.
Make sure when you unzip the tune you download that it extracts to the "tunes" folder in the tuneboy directory...

I had similar issues one day and that was the problem.

#10 ·
Devious2xs said:
DO NOT extract it to the "Tunes" file in TuneBoy.

Make another folder to put your tunes into. It will not work if added to the "Tunes" folder.
??? Thats were I extracted all mine to and they work fine... Was literally using it 30 minutes ago! ???

To clarify I was talking about extracting the tunexxxx.dat file from the *.zip file and putting the tunexxxx.dat in the tunes folder.

Now I'm a little confused.

#11 ·
This works for the later tune files, but some of the older versions do not load correctly when placed into the original Tunes file. This is why I suggest making a seperate file for them.

I also make a seperate file for tuning sessions so I can save all changes each time I am on the dyno, and still keep them organized.

Trust me, soon you will have a large collection of similar tune names. Keep them organized, or delete the ones you do not need. Or face the chance of putting the wrong tune in than you intended.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.