Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning a ride (currently by myself) from the Island down to the Oregon Coast for a few days. I'm in the early stage of researching some suggested roads, and just thought I'd see if anyone has suggestions on which roads are a must see. If anyone else is interested in coming let me know. Thinking late spring/early summer.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
I might be talked into it. Part of it anyway.

Personally I love the Oregon coast from about Lincoln City south. 101 north of Lincoln City is a little bit boring, so it's best to keep to the mountains when you can.

Take 202 south from Astoria to Jewel instead of following 101 through Seaside so you miss mile after mile of RV parks. Then skip over down to 53 via 103 and 26 and head back south. On 101 from Port Orford south to Crescent City California is awesome. 199 from Crescent City north back into Oregon is pretty rad too, but head back to the coast once you reach about Myrtle Creek. I5 north of that is a bore. Avoid the I5 corridor from Eugene to Portland unless you're in a hurry.

Something like this:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/46....95ddcf1bd!2m2!1d-124.1876075!2d43.1770544!3e0

And this is probably a good route through Washington, although it's equally good to go the north route through the Olympic Peninsula.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Por...0x54937342bc0a4743:0xf4436c2907b78786!1m0!3e0

·
Registered
780 Posts
The first link is for oregon, the second is for the west coast.
http://pnwriders.com/ride-reports/143816-desvios-roads-guide-oregon-western-region.html

Ride Reports - PNW Riders

I really enjoyed Crater lake, freaking nice.

If you checkout my folders SF day 1,2,3 have a lot of west coast pictures.

If you make it to N. CA the lost coast is nice.

OH, Hydesville, CA Hwy 36 to Susanville CA is one freaking motorcycle road. Makes Tail of the Dragon look like a cake walk. IMO

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hyd...74cc9220fe86e!2m2!1d-120.6530063!2d40.4162842

·
Registered
11,733 Posts
If you go far enough south, make sure you visit Lassen national park...freaking awesome.

One of the beautiful roads in the park........ P8240044.JPG

·
Registered
922 Posts
I might be interested...

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
If I go anywhere this summer, I'm headed to the south east. Kentucky, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina. I have a Charleston, SC destination in mind.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Good. We don't need your kind around here.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thx for suggestions. Will start to map a route and post further details. Pretty excited, heard many good things. Won't likely get as low as California unfortunately.

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
If I go anywhere this summer, I'm headed to the south east. Kentucky, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina. I have a Charleston, SC destination in mind.
doggy we might have to meat up. Plans for 2015 are to keep my azz CONUS, and take a new job in NC if I pass the selection process..

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
Also I strongly suggest you check out I-5. It is an absolute must see for anyone visiting the west coast..

·
Registered
20,645 Posts
I like that this is no longer about Oregon. (Goddamned hippies) . More than likely I will make an appearance in Georgia this spring.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
doggy we might have to meat up. Plans for 2015 are to keep my azz CONUS, and take a new job in NC if I pass the selection process..
:drink:

I promise to keep my penis in my pants while in public with you.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Speaking of Oregon, did anyone watch them righteously eat Florida's lunch the other day? :popcorn:

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Most enjoyable college football game I have ever watched. I hate Jameis Winston and Jimbo Fisher. Watching Nick Saban and Alabama lose was also fun. Go Ohio State!

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
I didn't watch it, but I enjoyed reading a lot about it. Especially when the Oregon kids got chewed out for changing "No means No!"

"You've all been very very bad. You will have to be punished. For a week there will be no lutefisk on the menu. If you do it again, it'll be two weeks. Be warned."

·
Registered
922 Posts
meat up

kosher-meat.jpg

1 - 20 of 28 Posts