Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys,
today i lose a very dear friend of mine of 18 years... my cat was in perfect fucking health just 2 weeks ago.
never sick, energetic and alive.

then a week and a halk ago over night, she turned for the worst.
after much medical work, blood exams, etc. we found out that she has terminal kidney failure
DUE TO IAMS CAT FOOD... (and 95 other brands) so today at 3:40 i have to put her down.

i am so sad today... a fucking cat food company aced my cat...

so watch out for wet cat food canned or packets. from dec. 6th 2006, thru mar 6th, 2007.
also numbers to look for are: 6339 - 7073 / and plant code 6719 (for you wet cat food folks, check your foods)
:-\

rest in peace fendi. you took my pain away many times and provided some of the best personal friend moments anyone could ask for... you'll be missed dearly.

(sorry for this OT post - just wanted to let you know about the package dates)
-b

G

·
holy shit, thats horrible. i had heard about the recall of food, but i didnt know of anyone who it effected. sorry to hear about it

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
That’s so sad, sorry for your lose Zoo, your pets are a part of your family. If you know it was the food company that killed you’re cat start a class action, you will not be on you’re own!!!

It will not bring your cat back though.....

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
It is horrible to hear of your loss. Nothing can ever replace the love of a pet.

The class action suits have already begun.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just got home... (with bottle of tequila)

yes i will be pursuing the class action suit.
thanks a ton guys...
-b

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your loss Zoo. I know how you are feeling. A lot of people don't like cats and think that they don't give anything back, but that is not true! And for what he gave you you will miss him.

I had to put my cat down this year at 12 years. He had cancer. He was a huge, mean tomcat with a bad attitude. Everyone but me was scared of him, but he was part of the family. I have plenty of scars to remember him by.

Follow that class action Zoo. Somebody should pay for something like this. A lot of people will have lost much loved pets.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Thanks Zoo...not much of a cat lover myself (I like dogs better), but I inherited 2 when I married the wife...Bruno and Dr. Jones....cool cats...they kind of grow on you....I feel your loss...I lost a few dogs to rattlesnakes in the past

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
HOLY SHIT Zoo. I have been hearing about this ALL WEEK. It has scared the shit out of me and my girl. We have a dog named BAMBAM. He eats Nutro. IM SOOOOO sorry man. BEST WISHES for you and your lost friend....... :'(

·
Registered
767 Posts
Damn, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that Zoo. I've go two cats of my own and heard all about that issue. Thank god I don't feed em' the can stuff. Hang in there man and definitely get in on that class action lawsuit. Those bastards should pay when so many people trust their product and then suddenly loose their beloved pets!!!!

·
Registered
12,278 Posts
Sorry to hear that Zoo.

G

·
Sorry to hear about your cat Zoo as a slave to 3 cats and 4 dogs I empathise :'( All the more so that I have just started feeding my cats on Iams - I off to check batch #'s

·
Registered
180 Posts
Zoo,I`m sorry for your loss.
I have two cats.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Sorry to hear about your cat Zoo.

We lost our Bairns (sorry Daughters) cat a few years back. I'm similar circumstances. He was a Chocolate point Siamese called Sharkey; he never ventured much further than a few doors away from our house. He was very well and enjoyed patrolling his little patch until he came home looking very unwell; he actually looked drunk. He died at the vets.

Some time later a near neighbour who is very proud of his garden boasted to a mutual friend that he had put rat poison wrapped in chicken down.

This was his way of stopping the cats from shiting in his garden.

No proof so poor old Sharky is no more.

MH

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
MONKEYHANGER said:

We lost our Bairns (sorry Daughters) cat a few years back. I'm similar circumstances. He was a Chocolate point Siamese called Sharkey; he never ventured much further than a few doors away from our house. He was very well and enjoyed patrolling his little patch until he came home looking very unwell; he actually looked drunk. He died at the vets.

Some time later a near neighbour who is very proud of his garden boasted to a mutual friend that he had put rat poison wrapped in chicken down.

MH
Killing a pet via poison where I live gets you put in prison for a long time.

You are using brush killer in his garden every Spring aren't you?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Yes Dev its the same here too; no real proof is the problem just gossip. I have a friend in the RSPCA who offered to pay the guy a visit to check him out. Guess what he claims to be an animal lover too....

MH

Devious2xs said:
MONKEYHANGER said:

MH
Killing a pet via poison where I live gets you put in prison for a long time.

You are using brush killer in his garden every Spring aren't you?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks again for the stories and experiences, and kind words. yesterday was a toughy.
the house is too quiet today.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. It says something about the way we package food in this country. Somebody, somehow contaminates a bin of grain with rat poison, and months later, it sickens and kills thousands of animals throughout a continent.

I had a cat, growing up. Her name was Bandit - a stray we picked up. The only thing she would eat from us was broiled calve's liver, and that was probably about 25% of what she ate. When we moved to Florida, her main diet changed from field mice to lizards. She lived to about sixteen, we think, and she died in her sleep under her favorite palm tree.

Time to pick up another stray. :'(

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey, Zoo, very sorry about your cat.
We have three, and had been feeding them their 'treat' of canned food, one of the brands on the list. I took the cans back to the shop, and the guy said 'oh, they're not the dates on the recall' but took them back anyway. I guess I just won't trust wet food of any sort from now on. The cats are stuck with their dry food.
I just wonder - where are you located? Is there a geographic break down of where the animals have died and have any others in your area?
I also wonder if an 18 year old cat is pretty much at the end of it's life span, and could be expected to expire suddenly just from age? I'd check with your vet, if only to settle your mind about whether the food could have been contaminated or not.
Again, it's not pleasant to lose a pet, so I feel for you, mate.
Barry

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.