Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok,
i haven't been around much since the 'bad-call-of-the-decade' happened to a nicely established community on trat; and i've missed the community.

a while back i had started a thread about buying a cage and was eye-fucking a vw gti... the past "gremlins" in their quality control cat' had me twitching for a while and still am in regards to future surprises. but, i fucking bought one anyway. :jerkoff: :drink: ;D

i hired "cartelligence" and had a killer experience!
had custom leather installed ($1500. cheaper than vw's leather option & got perforated centers for free) -- used that cash to buy KW coil-over suspension (holy shit batman on the ride!!!!) and 19" bbs ch wheels. (sorry if i'm being ghey - new car owner after 14 years of ghetto mini truck)

i am blown away on kw suspension. you can 'feel' it work, it's crazy. full travel, etc. (never had real suspension before - except on cr500)

i have large bone happening right now and just had to throw it in the fire. (we won't talk about money spent NOT on the bike. i'm in total denial right now) :-X

--- sorry for all the bad photos.










hope you guys have been doing well.

p.s. that's not me in the photo. it's 2 top shelf mechanics. good guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Devious2xs said:
Congrats on the new ride.

About the $... STOCK SUX. ;D
amen brother. i know you understand this. :beer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
I love VWs, GTIs are sweet. Good color too. I love me some german cars, and few japanese. I have been debating over a new GTI or a new S2000. Also, the subies are fun and sound awesome. I hear we are getting a new R32 next year. I could talk cars all day. I am a decent rider, but a better driver. I love to slide my sonoma pickup around on/off ramps, in a cloud of smoke. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
StuckInKansas said:
I love VWs, GTIs are sweet. Good color too. I love me some german cars, and few japanese. I have been debating over a new GTI or a new S2000. Also, the subies are fun and sound awesome. I hear we are getting a new R32 next year. I could talk cars all day. I am a decent rider, but a better driver. I love to slide my sonoma pickup around on/off ramps, in a cloud of smoke. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
hahahaha. fucking hooligan. :twofinger:
i have a '66 chevelle waiting for gears - with balanced and blueprinted 327. (it's in storage :embarassed:)

yeah, vw is releasing a 4wd gti or golf (depends on what side of the pond apparently) next year or the year after, -- so that will suck... ;)
love the on/off ramp mention. them suckers chew up tires like crazy.
-b
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
The new R32 only will come with a DSG gearbox, which has a limited torque capacity, something like 200-250 ft lbs. Or 250 hp, something like that. This is a terrible thing, no more 600 hp AWD Vee-Dubs. :'(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
StuckInKansas said:
The new R32 only will come with a DSG gearbox, which has a limited torque capacity, something like 200-250 ft lbs. Or 250 hp, something like that. This is a terrible thing, no more 600 hp AWD Vee-Dubs. :'(
i actually bought a 6 speed stick. the thought of a turbo and stick just was too appealing to me.
plus the gas mileage is better on a stick and dsg is 50lbs heavier. :) what the heck. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spidey said:
Nice!!! Should have upgraded to the R32!! ;D
i was at my limit on cash and time constraint. but thanks for making it really painful. ;D
never a good time to buy new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
zooplancton said:
Spidey said:
Nice!!! Should have upgraded to the R32!! ;D
i was at my limit on cash and time constraint. but thanks for making it really painful. ;D
never a good time to buy new.
I hear ya. My buddy is in the process of getting an R32 right now. Still, your car looks awesome!! Let the mods begin. :wrench:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:drink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,735 Posts
yeah....good to see ya back Zoo. And that is a damn nice car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey thanks guys!
i got a new job after being self employed and working on my own business after almost 4 years. then over the holidays clients took a shit, so i joined back with the corp world. (ugh) it's cool though, but i miss my "free time" -- my rat time. ;)

actually got a new back knobby for the dirtbike today. gonna head for the hills soon and get dirty. :)

went and banged corners today in the gti. wish i could take 'em that fast on the triple! :drink:

OH and happy cinco de mayo!! this is my 20th anniversary of getting out of the navy!!! FTN!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
Sweet!! I hope you have a better experience with VW than I did ( I didn't buy new, though). :drink:

Also, I thought your hugger was the best I'd seen, so I ordered one from Jack Lilley. I'll post pics soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kcjones said:
Sweet!! I hope you have a better experience with VW than I did ( I didn't buy new, though). :drink:

Also, I thought your hugger was the best I'd seen, so I ordered one from Jack Lilley. I'll post pics soon.
yeah that hugger just flat out works with the bike. how it rolls perfectly around the rear wheel is the shiznitz.
:afro:


cheap', is that you in the header doing the burnout??! ;D
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top