Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now before anyone jumps down by back, I have done a search for a DIY on painting the radiator cowls black on an '06 S3, but to no avail. Has anyone done it themselves instead of buying them black, and if so how? I tried using engine spray paint on the inside as a test but it just ran off like water.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great information, thanks. Do you think I can get the self-etching primer and epoxy enamel paint at Home Depot?

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I love VHT/PJ1 products. I used them one my cafe'd 400F and the paint is rock solid. I have found NAPA's etch primer to be the best from a can. Napa # 7220. You can't blast the stuff off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SEM also makes a very good selfetching primer in several colors that can be purchased in a can or for spraying through a gun. I used this for the primer on my forks.

I bought the Triumph black radiator cowls, but have since powder-coated them with textured powder that closely matches the frame, but does not have the blue metalic fake in it that the frame has. (Most owners never even noticed the blue flake on their frames in bright sunlight :D)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts