Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've had my '01 Speedy for a year now and while I've used soft luggage for my trips up until now, I find myself venturing further out these days, camping for long weekends etc. Any of you all know if there ever were pannier/top case racks every made for the '01 by anybody? (or at least a simply modified system?) I'd argue that the speedy is a hell of a touring bike, the only problem is it looks like I might have to fabricate something and I really don't want to.

Thanks!

G

·
There arent any hard cases out there for the S3 if thats what you are looking for. I know some have been fabricated though. Try searching this site, I think Dano made some.

Try the "other "site as well. ugh....I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Pelican cases make awesome hardpacks. Buy a couple, bring them along with your bike to a local metal fabricator/ welder, and he can make something work. I've seen them mounted to the passenger peg locations before on sportbikes...

I'm going XC later this year, thinking about doing this myself... although I'm kinda leaning towards the Ventura rack. Want to keep the passenger pegs for some people I intend to see along the way.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I've got 45,000 miles on my '06, many of those are from 3,000+ mile trips that include camping. I use the MotoPak soft luggage and could not be happier. Why do you feel you need hard luggage?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I'll stick to what I've got for now (soft luggage). Most of the hard options I've seen are way too expensive anyways.

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
Hard luggage would just look wrong on speedy

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
This would do nicely.......Bags-Connection Speedpack motorcycle luggage system - BCK.SP4001 : TwistedThrottle.com

I wish it fit my '07. :'( Stupid high pipes.
simple solution: buy a low mount exhaust for when you put the bags on.

that, or fab up something to keep the bag off your pipes. I remember trying to fit up my bag with my chain reaction duals, and the bag barely touched the mufflers. it wouldn't be that difficult to make something work with your stock pipes. don't get the speedpack though, the racepack is big enough, and doesn't hang down nearly as much on the sides as the speedpack. you could however, fit the speedpack with a low mount pipe.

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
^ I'm so proud right now.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
which one of you austrian kunts can tell me where that picture was taken?

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
^maybe you are right Bucket....I was gonna say North Carolina...it sort of looks like the view from Cheap's place

·
Registered
7,888 Posts
simple solution: buy a low mount exhaust for when you put the bags on.
I'd love to but I catch shit when i spend anything on the bike. I just bought some '08 directionals off Jimmyheadgear and I wisely said he gave them to me. You can call me whipped but I just try to keep it smooth sailing in the good ship matrimony.

·
Registered
23,333 Posts
^ If i was married to you i wouldn't care how much money you spent on motorcycle products.

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
^ If i was married to you, I would divorce you and get rancho relaxo and your speedy in the settlement. You can keep that ratty ass valiant though, I'm not totally cold hearted, you gotta have a place to stay.

and then I wouldn't care how much you spent on motorcycle parts.

(also I have been cheating on you with Mjay the whole time, and I have always been faking it, even that time in Sydney)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a low mount exhaust, and have rigged a pretty good system. For overnight trips I use the motocentric sports luggage system (attachable tail bag and saddle bags). For longer trips I strap on a north face waterproof soft duffel bag, and I attach my tent and sleeping bag to that..will hold a weeks worth of stuff

1 - 20 of 22 Posts