Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the 98 speed triple. I just picked one up and it needs some work. What other triumph or any other bike parts are interchangeable? as I'm sure you know parts for these bikes are difficult to find? It might be a dumb question for someone that know the diffrent models but I have no idea...or if anyone know a website that sell parts for these older models, any help is appreciated. Looking for seats,front fender, mirrors, saddlebags , flyscreen(or any wind screen that may work)

· Registered
2,298 Posts
'98-'01 models are fairly interchangeable. I have a 2000 and if I want a part or whatever, those are the years that I check.

· Registered
2,240 Posts
Be carefull with the second gen bodies. not all '97-'01 parts are interchangeable. I found that the radiators for one are diffrent from the '97-'98 and '99-01's. This effects the fit of things like the rad cowls. There may be other parts that look the same but really are not and often I have found such parts listed as being the same only to find out they are not.

MisterX be carefull with the '98 model year not everything will work on your 2000.

· Registered
2,240 Posts
yes and no... is a dumb answer. the short answer is that the daytona engine made more power and had a higher red-line. Otherwise basicly they ran the same chassie save for body work, head-lights and clip-ons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts