Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guess which ones are not factory offered colors? ;D

I think I would really go with the red rim/ simulated whitewall. Bobber style S3 anybody? Credit due to my roommate for the chop job.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
White edge looks good, but three colors on one wheel is too much in my opinion. Painted stripe ala Marchesini & co might stay in shape a bit better too than painting the whole edge as the tire monkeys are sure to dent the edge at one time or another.

I guess you would also have to paint the wheels instead of powdercoat as powdercoat cannot be applied with a sharp enough edge between colors?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Durrani does multiple colors like that for an extra $200, or so I hear. If I didn't like the edge of the white and red, I would pinstripe it with a thin black line to hide it. The white on the edge would be no different than a white wheel. I think this wheel would look awesome on a black S3.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do the rest of you guys think? Like the bobber wheels? Any requests? Its pretty easy to do, if you want to see a particular combination, let me know.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would be what you think of limey! :barf: I heard you like 'em fugly!

:twofinger:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
StuckInKansas said:
What do the rest of you guys think? Like the bobber wheels? Any requests? Its pretty easy to do, if you want to see a particular combination, let me know.
roulette green around the outside and black centers AND vice versa :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cwb4tx said:
roulette green around the outside and black centers AND vice versa :)

Ask, and ye shall receive!

Sorry the green isn't a closer match, but I think it looks good.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Much closer...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
StuckInKansas said:
Much closer...

I think that the green/black looks hot. Hmmm.... I have tried a couple of times to use photoshop on my bike's picture to get the rims green like that. I always end up with too much spill over. :( NIce job.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cwb4tx, just open you pic with photoshop, and in the box on the right hand side, there are small icons along the bottom edge. Use the farthest left one, and add a layer as a filter. Then erase that filter everywhere you don't want the color. It will keep the base photo, and just erase the filter layer. That is pretty much how I have been doing these. I am new to this stuff, but a gal I have been hangin' out with lately is a photographer and has been showing me some things....

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
StuckInKansas said:
cwb4tx, just open you pic with photoshop, and in the box on the right hand side, there are small icons along the bottom edge. Use the farthest left one, and add a layer as a filter. Then erase that filter everywhere you don't want the color. It will keep the base photo, and just erase the filter layer. That is pretty much how I have been doing these. I am new to this stuff, but a gal I have been hangin' out with lately is a photographer and has been showing me some things....
I know how to use layers. I dont know how to quickly get the EXACT right fill outline for things that are not cleanly outlined by the photograph..

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I zoomed way in and erased the layer pixel by pixel... I am sure somebody is laughing their ass off right now... I don't know any easier way.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
StuckInKansas said:
I zoomed way in and erased the layer pixel by pixel... I am sure somebody is laughing their ass off right now... I don't know any easier way.
there HAS to be a way to draw a circle (or any other shape) as an inner or outer boundary for a fill or erase. I just havent had time to look into it yet. I'll let you know if I come up with something :)

C-Dub

1 - 20 of 32 Posts