Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

Photochopped Durranis!

2639 Views 31 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  StuckInKansas
Can you guess which ones are not factory offered colors? ;D



I think I would really go with the red rim/ simulated whitewall. Bobber style S3 anybody? Credit due to my roommate for the chop job.
See less See more
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
White edge looks good, but three colors on one wheel is too much in my opinion. Painted stripe ala Marchesini & co might stay in shape a bit better too than painting the whole edge as the tire monkeys are sure to dent the edge at one time or another.

I guess you would also have to paint the wheels instead of powdercoat as powdercoat cannot be applied with a sharp enough edge between colors?
That gold/black combo is SWEET!
Durrani does multiple colors like that for an extra $200, or so I hear. If I didn't like the edge of the white and red, I would pinstripe it with a thin black line to hide it. The white on the edge would be no different than a white wheel. I think this wheel would look awesome on a black S3.
What do the rest of you guys think? Like the bobber wheels? Any requests? Its pretty easy to do, if you want to see a particular combination, let me know.
That would be what you think of limey! :barf: I heard you like 'em fugly!

:twofinger:
StuckInKansas said:
What do the rest of you guys think? Like the bobber wheels? Any requests? Its pretty easy to do, if you want to see a particular combination, let me know.
roulette green around the outside and black centers AND vice versa :)
anybody photoshopped them onto the bike yet??

mongo
cwb4tx said:
roulette green around the outside and black centers AND vice versa :)

Ask, and ye shall receive!



Sorry the green isn't a closer match, but I think it looks good.
See less See more
Much closer...

See less See more
StuckInKansas said:
Much closer...


I think that the green/black looks hot. Hmmm.... I have tried a couple of times to use photoshop on my bike's picture to get the rims green like that. I always end up with too much spill over. :( NIce job.
cwb4tx, just open you pic with photoshop, and in the box on the right hand side, there are small icons along the bottom edge. Use the farthest left one, and add a layer as a filter. Then erase that filter everywhere you don't want the color. It will keep the base photo, and just erase the filter layer. That is pretty much how I have been doing these. I am new to this stuff, but a gal I have been hangin' out with lately is a photographer and has been showing me some things....
G
StuckInKansas said:
I am new to this stuff, but a gal I have been hangin' out with lately is a photographer and has been showing me some things....
:picsstfu:
StuckInKansas said:
cwb4tx, just open you pic with photoshop, and in the box on the right hand side, there are small icons along the bottom edge. Use the farthest left one, and add a layer as a filter. Then erase that filter everywhere you don't want the color. It will keep the base photo, and just erase the filter layer. That is pretty much how I have been doing these. I am new to this stuff, but a gal I have been hangin' out with lately is a photographer and has been showing me some things....
I know how to use layers. I dont know how to quickly get the EXACT right fill outline for things that are not cleanly outlined by the photograph..
I zoomed way in and erased the layer pixel by pixel... I am sure somebody is laughing their ass off right now... I don't know any easier way.
StuckInKansas said:
I zoomed way in and erased the layer pixel by pixel... I am sure somebody is laughing their ass off right now... I don't know any easier way.
there HAS to be a way to draw a circle (or any other shape) as an inner or outer boundary for a fill or erase. I just havent had time to look into it yet. I'll let you know if I come up with something :)


C-Dub
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top