Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've run out of ideas so help would be appreciated 馃檹

Had my 05 speed triple for about 5 years now. Ran 91 in it without an issue for the first few years. All of a sudden, it developed a pinging issue. Thought it was a bad batch of fuel but that was a year ago and it pings on all fuel types ever since.

Have checked the bottom of the airbox and the throttle bodies as per a previous thread but that is all good. Have had it remapped but the pinging has persisted. It might be in my head but I do think the pinging is getting worse as time progresses. Again, this may be in my head, but it may be running hotter these days too, so I'm not sure if that's a clue or not but all ideas are welcome.

Registered
How many miles? Perhaps it needs a valve clearance adjustment. I think it鈥檚 recommended every 20-25k. Some need it, some don鈥檛 at that mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Hi guys, I've run out of ideas so help would be appreciated 馃檹

Had my 05 speed triple for about 5 years now. Ran 91 in it without an issue for the first few years. All of a sudden, it developed a pinging issue. Thought it was a bad batch of fuel but that was a year ago and it pings on all fuel types ever since.

Have checked the bottom of the airbox and the throttle bodies as per a previous thread but that is all good. Have had it remapped but the pinging has persisted. It might be in my head but I do think the pinging is getting worse as time progresses. Again, this may be in my head, but it may be running hotter these days too, so I'm not sure if that's a clue or not but all ideas are welcome.
The manual/Owners Handbook says to use 95 RON fuel. If you were running 91 unleaded fuel all without problems, perhaps the fuel from your regular fuel supplier has changed to summer formula.

-Where in Aus are you?
  • When you "remapped" your bike, did you get it dyno tuned? Or just upload a new map/tune into the bike?
  • It's surprising if it is pinging whilst running on 95 or 98 Premium.

If 95 or 98 Premium doesn't stop the pinging, then you've got other issues.
How many km on the bike?
Perhaps change the fuel filter if it hasn't been changed.
Maybe the upper engine/valves need some cleaning...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts