Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??? Should I expect any weird handling problems if I were to replace a rear Pilot Power tire with a Pilot Road (for longer life), while keeping the PP on the front since it isn't worn out yet? Keep in mind that I'm old so I don't ride very aggressively most of the time.
:popcorn:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I have seen this done on a couple of bikes without issue. It is not optimum, but for some, it works just fine.

·
Registered
11,733 Posts
Bucket has done this and he likes the combination, and he does track days

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I just did this, and have noticed no handling issues, and not even a noticeable change in rear grip. I have noticed a new harmonic/rhythmic noise occasionally, at say 52 mph (indicated) and 72-73 mph, but it goes away if I speed up or slow down a couple mph...

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I've got the roads on now and don't care for them. They last long, but don't turn in well, and do not inspire any confidence in the twistys. They do have a flatter profile than the Powers. It all depends on your riding prefrences. Having the Front power and Rear Road, shouldn't cause any problems.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I've heard good things about those, Long milage with good cornering charchteristics. You run em don't ya limey?

G

·
J-Pip said:
I've heard good things about those, Long milage with good cornering charchteristics.   You run em don't ya limey?
Tried the conti and now on the M3. will be going back to conti's in a week or two. road attack rear, sport attack front.

·
Registered
18,147 Posts
the next 'set' I buy will be the Conti road attacks. I'd like to git a little more mileage, and I've heard great things about 'em. But Legman is right, Bucket doesn't seem to have any problems with the pilot road rear and power front. ;D

·
Registered
132 Posts
No problems at all. I've been doing this for years on a no. of bikes. Soft Front, Med Rear basically.

At the moment I have the Pilot Power on the Front and a Conti Road Attack on the rear. Again, no handling issues at all. The COnti turns in quicker than the Pilot so it will be interesting if I try a Conti Sport Attack on the front with another Conti Road on the rear (soft front and med rear).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts