Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this? I've seen the cover completely removed and it looks great, but not sure how I feel about exposed gears that close to my foot... thinking a clear cover would look really good with some regular cleaning of the grease, etc that will undoubtedly get all over it.

G

·
Regular as in 5-6 times per ride? ;D I think you'd find it would get dirty so fast it wouldn't really look good.

As for getting your foot in there have a look at where it is in relation to where your pegs etc. Also it's tucked in behind the frame. You really couldn't get your foot in there if you tried. You're at much higher risk of it going into the back wheel really. But if you're not comfortable don't do it....

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
speedy1050 said:
Regular as in 5-6 times per ride? ;D I think you'd find it would get dirty so fast it wouldn't really look good.

As for getting your foot in there have a look at where it is in relation to where your pegs etc. Also it's tucked in behind the frame. You really couldn't get your foot in there if you tried. You're at much higher risk of it going into the back wheel really. But if you're not comfortable don't do it....
:sign5:

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
These look pretty dang cool:

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.