Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
They are repaving 215 south of the BRP. The bottom part is done and it is fantastic. I've been riding that road for over 25 years and knew every bump, dip & crack in it's surface. Now it's smoother than a wet dream. I can't wait till they get the whole thing done.

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
111 miles? Pussy.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Long way to go to end up in John Day Oregon. I've been there. Not much to see. Hope you didn't run over the dog sleeping in the middle of main street. :eboy:

My longest day? I like to keep it under 400 miles, but I'm a pussy. 250 miles on a DR350 is... uncomfortable respectable.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Crash said:
Long way to go to end up in John Day Oregon. I've been there. Not much to see. Hope you didn't run over the dog sleeping in the middle of main street. :eboy:

My longest day? I like to keep it under 400 miles, but I'm a pussy. 250 miles on a DR350 is... uncomfortable respectable.
Ha! That's a good one about the dog! The attached pic is just outside John Day on hwy 26. Not much in the town, but pretty epic riding for the last 30 miles or so getting there.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Hope you didn't get any Fresno on you. That shit is almost impossible to remove.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
The weekend plans.

Saturday - 314 miles: Cedar Park -> Llano -> Junction -> Leakey -> Medina

Sunday - 279 miles: Medina -> Leakey -> Comfort -> Wimberly -> Cedar Park

We will be staying at Koyote Ranch in Medina, TX. They supposedly cater to riders and I've heard good things about them. But we will see... ::)
I grew up in this area and have driven most of these roads. But I've never ridden them on a bike. Should be fun and a good initial test for my newly built luggage rack with Pelican 1550's.

:smitty:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
My folks lived in Fredericksburg for years, the Hill Country is beautiful :picsstfu:

21 - 40 of 42 Posts