Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

21 - 40 of 164 Posts
G

·
Re: Powdercoating Whore For Hire

:gtfo: You've changed it millions of times. Now I have a headache so shut up :slap:

·
Registered
6,851 Posts

Wile-Boar! said:
well played sir...

every month?! It changed one time in the friggin year and a half since I've been on here and now I change it every month.....I feel like I'm arguing with the wife and her exaggerations.
first your protege83....then your wild boar....now your Wile-Boar....soon before ya know it..you will be powdercoat whore....plus i just got my pedicure and you didnt even say how nice it looked......and no, i do not care if i am wearing shoes and you cannot see them...it is the POINT of the matter

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

I dont even know HOW to change my name.

BTW, limey, your twin brutha turned 60 on Sunday. I didn't think you were that young :drink:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts

Why don't you quit being a sketchball and throw out some prices for certain stuff. I got these guys right down the road with these prices, should I holler at you first considering I'd be paying shipping as well?

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

Here ya go slush......sketchball my ASS

headlight buckets $30
top triple tree $20
risers $5 can't do handlebars yet, need bigger oven
gas cap assembly , TBD I gotta experiment with this one before I price it
left engine mount $10
rear sets, shift lever, rear brake lever $65 complete, pegs and all
pass. footrest brackets $50/pair
stock can shields $30
rad shields $20
heel guards $15
front brake calipers ,TBD
sidestand $10

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

Wile-Boar! said:
Martin_R said:
Also baking the calipers with seals in place might be a bit borderline idea, depending on oven.
I'm gonna take the whole assemblys apart and mask them off. You're right, it's only 325 degrees F for 20 mins but I have seen rubber melt away too. Rather be safe than sorry.
Split the calipers too, to get the internal seal(s) out?

I decided against this as the seal(s) + use-once stretching bolts seem to be a pain to source for the 09 Brembos.

·
Registered
721 Posts

if i do my own prep work, would you further discount prices?
Also is black the olny color powder coat you have?

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

justrippin said:
if i do my own prep work, would you further discount prices?
Also is black the olny color powder coat you have?
Yep. Depends on what it is tho. Rearsets I prefer to do myself cuz I have caps and plugs that make the blasting go fast and then I blowthem down, solvent wash and powder them.

I have a few other colors (Yeller, White, Neon Orange, Gloss Blk, Flat Black, Clear Satin, Bronze, Red) and I have suppliers that I can get just about anything from if requested, no charge.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts

I can vouch for the pig. Excellent work at more than reasonable prices :drink:

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

^ ...here again another example of "we may get older, but we will never grow up"

:twofinger:

You guys are all :blah:

I seen NO parts yet.....

·
Super Moderator
5,984 Posts

I'm not done riding yet. I'll send my stuff after I get the guage cluster fixed. :drink:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts

quick question. Could you powder coat the metal cage on these?

Not sure what metal theyre made of.

I guess plain ol caliper paint would be best for the calipers. Cheaper and safer.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

shit cole, sorry I never responded. Yeah I can do em as long as they're metal. Send me a PM if ya want em done.

ALL Y'ALL, The shop is up and runnin. Did some CBR shit today (so Dirt, you're more than welcome to send shit too!). If ya got stuff you want done, nows the time to get it done. I'll operate until about March (humidity being the limiting factor here). I also work for beer and blowjobs if ya aint got no dough.

OldSquid: I'll get ya them samples in about a week. I have the powders, just I've been pretty tied up with a job change and holidays.

·
Super Moderator
5,984 Posts

I'll give you my stuff at the bike show. I may need a new gas cap by then. :violent1:

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

Aight Hockey.

When I was working on my cap that one night, the old Kenny Rogers song popped into my head:

"You gotta know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em, know when to walk away....." ;D

whatever ya scratch up, I can buff and PC :eboy:

21 - 40 of 164 Posts