Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pure triumph in ft. lauderdale wants 85 bucks to install the arrow tune...thats fucked up right?? :horse: isnt that like a ten min. job?

Should i just keep riding her w/o the tune?...maybey wait till the speed triple rally and somebody w/ a tuneboy?...anyone?...anyone?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Its wrong, but they have that right. A dealer can round up to the nearest hour of labor charged for any job. If they charge $85/hr for labor, thats what it'll cost for the 15 min it takes for them to do the job. Find another dealer. Some will do it free, mine charged me $30 for half an hour.

·
Registered
20 Posts
$85 seems high to me too. I think I payed around $40 when I had it done.

You won't be able to use someone else's Tuneboy cable w/o buying a key for your ECU and the key is around twice what your dealer quoted you for the Arrow tune. Of course having access to Tuneboy/Tunedit has additional benefits.

·
Registered
533 Posts
85 ones is a high price for installing a tune. It only takes about 5 to 10 minutes, but no dealer will charge you that time. I think 1/2 hour is fair. For 85 bucks, I'd consider getting a tuneboy, then you will never have to pay for a tune again. Should you have to go back to the stock tune, you will be sorry you didn't get a tuneboy.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
wow...and the pure triumph website makes them look soo customer friendly....

guess they gotta pay for the new duc dealership opening up somehow :poop: :slap:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Some of them are like that. My dealer quoted me "around" $300 for the first service. Plus he is an :jerkoff:
I'm just going to go to a local guy even though I would like to get the first one done at a licensed Triumph dealer.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Bichomalo said:
Hey Ernie you wanna yob, Chu fuckin goit men!! only in
Fucking Miamy :barf:
hahahaha..niiiiiiiice

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Boghopper04 said:
Some of them are like that. My dealer quoted me "around" $300 for the first service. Plus he is an :jerkoff:
I'm just going to go to a local guy even though I would like to get the first one done at a licensed Triumph dealer.
Honestly if you have a rear stand there is nothing till 12k mile service that is hard to perform. As long as you document the service (DIY) Triumph is bound to the warranty. I refuse to take mine in for anything less than a major repair cause the dealer is 90 minutes away and they won't give out a loaner due to their insurance.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Rich Devot - Palm Beach Triumph
12550 S Military Trail, Boynton Beach.
561-638-8411. Mechanic is Charlie. Been wrenching bikes for thirty-odd years
www.palmbeachtriumph.com

Rich is a great guy, and is doing a lot to turn that dealership around (it almost died a year ago). Give him a call, and see what he'll do.

I get along real well with the guys at Pure, and they're a lot closer for me. Lucho (Luis) is a top-notch mechanic, too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow, makes me glad that my dealership is as nice as they are. They mapped my bike for me for free when I needed it.

I had an electrical gremlin in my Rocket this past week. I brought it in unannounced and without an appointment. Not only did they take the time to look at it for me, they fixed it for free. And while I waited, I was looking at a t-shirt... the owner walks by and says "that's a nice shirt. You gonna buy it?" I say, "Hell no. Triumph shirts are over-priced." So he tells me "just take it. On the house."

So I rode out of there with a free repair AND a free shirt. Talk about A-Plus customer service.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.