Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

Question for DECOSSE- Eccentric adjuster removal,etc.

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  rbrsddn 
#1 ·
Question for DECOSSE- Eccentric adjuster removal,etc.

Hey, I have the axle out, but can't remove the circlip to pull the eccentric. What size circlip pliers do I need? And how did your sealed bearing feel when you spun it? Mine doesn't feel all that smooth. TIA. Ben Update, I just ordered some snap ring pliers from
http://www.wihatools.com/326_RR_External.htm part # 32692 to remove the big circlip. A simple job to grease the rear wheel bearings- with the right tools!

#2 ·
Re: Question for DECOSSE- Eccentric adjuster removal,etc.

Hi there!
just saw this - sorry for delay in response. I'm sure you've maybe already done by now.
A GOOD pair of snap ring pliers is definitely a good thing to have. I have some real cheapo ones that aren't worth squat but I actually managed just with a regular pair of needle nose and a flat blade screwdriver. I would recommend the proper tool however!

My bearings were fine - if it feels at all rough I would definitely recommend replacing.

#3 ·

Yeah, I've got it apart, thank's to some Big FO snap ring pliers I got from Wiha Tools. The two LS bearings seemed a bit suspect, so I have some on the way . The roller bearings are fine but deffo needed to be packed with grease. An easy job, and good for peace of mind at 26,000 miles. :drink:

#4 ·

How was your eccentric? Was it tight originally or was this just a preventive measure?

#5 ·

Mostly a preventitive measure, but I like to err on the safe side. I don't want to be that guy on the side of the road because of lack of maintenance! Also I had read on t595 about dry bearings at lower mileage than mine. I'll be good to go next weekend!
Update: I got the bearings finally, and buttoned her back up. Tight as a drum now! Really a piece of cake, now that I got the giant snap ring pliers! :wrench:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.