Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay muh fuko's, the impossible is happening.

between now and the end of Sept, I have to burn about 40 days of vacation.

I almost fainted when my new boss brought it up.

When and where can I show up and embarrass myself?? I don't want to go on a cruise, I don't want to go to see family, I want to see Merrica and all you weird hoon bastards Forrest Gump style

I can only pull about 12-15 days off grid at a time, so the TAT def won't happen until at least next summer..

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PM me an address and you will awake to me camped on your lawn

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington D.C.

Just set up in the front yard if I'm not home. The neighbors won't mind.

·
Registered
53 Posts
SoCal... the weather is awesome! Ortega Highway, Angeles Crest, PCH up to San Francisco...

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry gents, this is for July-August-September. I'm locked in through June

·
Registered
540 Posts
Would be happy to ride with you if you want to come up to mainland BC or the island for a few days. Got at least one other who would come. Could do a repeat of my "Duffy Lake" run that is popular on the mainland or a "Gold River" run on the island. If you are staying stateside that's no problem just thought I'd offer. Enjoy your planning.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wisconsin Moto Guzzi Riders
rallyad.gif

BEER!!!!!

FOOD!!!!

BULLSHITTING!!!!!

You're given a pin, schedule (aka-kindling) and a plastic cup and pointed towards the beer wagon, where you help yourself all weekend long!! All included!!!

Great riding, laid back bunch, and they don't give two shits what you ride.. I'll be there on my Speed Triple.. Always a smattering of Triumphs in the mix of Guzzi, BMW, and every thing else.. I can't afford to miss the rally as I can't stay home and eat and drink for the weekend at this price..

·
Registered
99 Posts
Typically it's been Miller High Life Light and Leinnies, on tap 24-7, and the other tappers have various microbrews rotated on them all weekend.. They're all flowing, and you have numerous options, from wheat, to amber, IPA, to dark stuff.. Friday night they have hamburgers/hotdogs/brats and tater and other salads, hodgepodge of rolls/fruit/ect for breakfast on both Sat and Sunday, and Saturday night they cater in a nice meal.. Nice showers, and full use of the campground all weekend, motorcycle movies shown saturday night, and continuous coffee, soda and beer..

Great roads in the area, too!! :) Typically Saturday morning starts with an asprin, some coffee and a quick splash of water to get the cobwebs settled.. Wander off for a real breakfast and then go ride the excellent roads around the Mississippi which is 1/2 hour away.. Wander back for a few beers before dinner and whatnot..

It's a great weekend.. Hell, even when I did own a Guzzi I never rode one to the rally.. :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts