Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hope to meet you there!

I'll be there on my Speedie.. I will be in a hammock so I won't be camping up by the ADV crowd, but just down the hill a bit... Trees are needed for my camping.. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Very well self policed.
Only time someone got out of line, his buddies made him take a nap. An hour later he came back to the beer wagon, and as he looked at his feet, he said "sorry". :)

Riding after drinking doesn't happen. It's all about having fun and going home Sunday morning.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I'm ditching New Orleans for sweet sweet northern New England July 17- August 1. Looks like I'm there for the rally but I won't have bike.

Boosted - You have one I could borrow?

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Very well self policed.
Only time someone got out of line, his buddies made him take a nap. An hour later he came back to the beer wagon, and as he looked at his feet, he said "sorry". :)

Riding after drinking doesn't happen. It's all about having fun and going home Sunday morning.
I think blackie was more so referring to getting busted going 90+ through a national park with steel cords coming out his rear. or perhaps the sacrifice of one's spleen to the motorcycle gods.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
...a little duct tape will take care of that.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It's really funny how some of the best all year roads are in Southern California. However, the rest of the USA has the freakin best rallies. There arent any cool ones here that I know of.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
I heard that on a few occasions, a few socal guys attended these "other" rallies of which you speak. Too bad you live so far away, or I'd repo your speedy for a while and give her my special touch in the garage :eboy:

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Hope to meet you there!

I'll be there on my Speedie.. I will be in a hammock so I won't be camping up by the ADV crowd, but just down the hill a bit... Trees are needed for my camping.. :)

I don't know how people sleep in hammocks, I can nap in one, but to sleep, I need to stretch out and toss and turn.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I don't know how people sleep in hammocks, I can nap in one, but to sleep, I need to stretch out and toss and turn.
I think you will find your answer in post #16, the first picture.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The trick is to forget what you know about hammocks.. You don't sleep like a banana with your butt as the low point.. You sleep in them diagonal, which has you actually laying flat. You can stretch out all you wish, and I often sleep on my side.
And when it's hot out, it's WAY cooler than sleeping in a tent.. And when it's cold, proper insulation has you toasty warm..

[video]https://youtu.be/qAxsU0rQZ_M[/video]

And what this just purely for the entertainment value.. They guy is a hammock guy and funny as shit, on video and in person..

[video]https://youtu.be/d7NZVqpBUV0[/video]

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just keep yelling "Nothing going on over here!"
Pretty sure that keeps them from knowing what I'm doing..

:jerkit:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts