Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello S3 freaks! I am a proud owner of a 2000 S3 and I absolutely love her. She's the 4th cycle I've owned and is far and away my favorite. I live in Seattle and don't see too many around, which really makes mine pop out all the more. I get compliments every day I ride.

Here's my problem: I somehow bent the rear brake foot lever and since it's cast I will probably just replace it. A local used parts dealer has one for an '01 at a considerably lower price than a brand new one. Do any of you know if the lever changed between '00 and '01? Do you know where I can go online to check (the parts department at the local dealership is staffed by a bunch of pricks and I try to avoid dealing with them)? Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Triple did not change until 2002, so the 2001 should be exactly like your 2000 model - and use all of the same parts.

I hope this helps

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
If you anneal the lever you could probably straighten it without breaking it. Just rub soap on it and heat till soap turns black. Dunk in water and the aluminium should be soft enough to bend. If the bend is severe then re anneal when the lever id bent half way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.