Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just a quick question.

Recently installed a MIVV GP Carbon low mount exhaust on my 2010 speedy. I knew i would lose some torque down low from the stock exhausts, and ive loaded the MIVV tune based of the Arrow low mount tune 20534, and sure enough, even though the bike runs great, theres a definite toque loss from 3000-6500 rpm.

I read some posts on this site recommending a 45T rear sprocket to get some of that torque back, and i was wondering if theres anyone who has gone down this path and could comment as to whether the "feel" of the bike will be back to what it was stock (in that rpm range).

Otherwise i might have to invest in some nice aftermarket high pipes.

Have included some pics for anyone who cares :cool2:

IMG_0981.JPG IMG_0985.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
run the 45t sprocket.
I have the same setup, the 45t sprocket is the way to go.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Run! Run away from these assholes! As fast as you can!

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Run! Run away from these assholes! As fast as you can!
If he runs, the local police will think - nay, Qld cops rarely think... they will assume he's guilty of breaching VLAD laws, and they arrest him - best case scenario.
Worst case, it'll be night time, there'll be a shadow on N4ca's face, so the cop will assume he's indigenous and then lock him up and charge him for stolen goods in custody due to Speedy... And probably night stick him for good measure.

I could be wrong... But I've seen them hassle a virago rider do being an outlaw mc member - and same with a Honda shadow rider, because jap cruisers are outlaw mc's favorite choices for bikes... So I don't have high hopes...

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Hi all. Just a quick question.

Recently installed a MIVV GP Carbon low mount exhaust on my 2010 speedy. I knew i would lose some torque down low from the stock exhausts, and ive loaded the MIVV tune based of the Arrow low mount tune 20534, and sure enough, even though the bike runs great, theres a definite toque loss from 3000-6500 rpm.

I read some posts on this site recommending a 45T rear sprocket to get some of that torque back, and i was wondering if theres anyone who has gone down this path and could comment as to whether the "feel" of the bike will be back to what it was stock (in that rpm range).

Search, find and try the TOD, then get back to us... Be surprised if you do, and then continue talking about changing back to high pipes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys, installed the TOD (20539), and it runs very well, super smooth throughout the range. Some of that lower torque has definitely come back, but id say its still slightly behind the stock pipes in that lower range. The TOD murders it above though.

45T is next.

And BadSanta, LOL.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Definite power increase over the Mivv tune ive found through a bit more riding. I have noticed that i seem to stall the bike on take off now more frequently. I was assuming because im still running a stock filter and the TOD was designed for an aftermarket one that this might be the culprit?

Thoughts anyone? RPM at idle seems fine, it just seems to need more gas when taking off from the lights than usual. Not normally a problem, but can suck in traffic with constant start stop movement.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
The tune was made using a stock filter but with the flame arrestor mesh removed.

It was also made using E10 fuel in the states. I'm guessing you're using 98 Octane PULP, which might make it run slightly rich - richer.

Is the bike running richer than before?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Definite power increase over the Mivv tune ive found through a bit more riding. I have noticed that i seem to stall the bike on take off now more frequently. I was assuming because im still running a stock filter and the TOD was designed for an aftermarket one that this might be the culprit?

Thoughts anyone? RPM at idle seems fine, it just seems to need more gas when taking off from the lights than usual. Not normally a problem, but can suck in traffic with constant start stop movement.
I have the same set-up as you (09 with mivv ) and have experienced the same result trying TOD a couple of times, with and without baffle
Bogging down or stall at low rpms where the triple is normally smooth as.
Because it is primarily my wife's ride I have opted to stay with the arrow low mount tune.
I note you still have your o2 sensor connected.Is it in play?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah using the 98 PULP. I haven't noticed it running rich but more time on the bike might reveal it. Can't smell any gas more than normal though. I'll back off to 95 and see how it goes.

Yeah the O2 sensor is in play. I debated as to whether to use it or not, and decided on using it. Read about it adding a trim at low throttle openings and adjusting the fuel mapping based on the O2 sensors readings. I wasn't sure if it was better to have it in or not so I just left it as is. I did have it out when I had a HP corse exhaust on there (as I ordered the wrong model (stupid me)) and it seemed about the same between that pipe (with the previous mivv map) and the mivv exhaust now.

Ill try the fuel next fill up, then off with the 02 sensor if that doesn't clear it up. Thanks for the tips guys

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Yeah using the 98 PULP. I haven't noticed it running rich but more time on the bike might reveal it. Can't smell any gas more than normal though. I'll back off to 95 and see how it goes.

Yeah the O2 sensor is in play. I debated as to whether to use it or not, and decided on using it. Read about it adding a trim at low throttle openings and adjusting the fuel mapping based on the O2 sensors readings. I wasn't sure if it was better to have it in or not so I just left it as is. I did have it out when I had a HP corse exhaust on there (as I ordered the wrong model (stupid me)) and it seemed about the same between that pipe (with the previous mivv map) and the mivv exhaust now.

Ill try the fuel next fill up, then off with the 02 sensor if that doesn't clear it up. Thanks for the tips guys
My bet is O2 sensor - although the default setting in TOD tune is for it to be disabled - unless you enabled it.
I'd check the O2 sensor - disable it if enabled, then see how she runs - before changing fuel, make sure you've reset the adaptations too (either in the software or 12 minute tune).

Being in Qld, I'd be a teensy bit hesitant about changing to 95 RON fuel if the weather is getting real hot. Not such an issue down here, particularly in cooler months. If you do end up trying 95, maybe just half a tank, reset the adaptations then see how you go.

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
I suggest..

-removing the flash guard on the stock filter
-reset the adaptives via the 12min-tune, not TuneECU(DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE DURING START-UP, that fuks up everything)
-DISABLE the O2 sensor
-ensure you have some fresh plugs
-adjust your throttle cable

The TOD should have incredibly crisp throttle response amd the bike should light immediately when cranking. It should pull very strong at any RPM. The smoothness of the tune can be very deceptive on power delivery, hence the name..And once again, do not give the bike any throttle input while cranking, ever, for any reason. Never. Never ever ever.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts