Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
You are a life saver. I had gold valves put in at the shop and when I got them back I had only about .75 turn available on the compression leg. Took the fork cap of and measured the lock nut distance. There was about 14mm of thread showing. Adjusted it to 10.5mm and it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i made my own tools from stuff i bought at home depot for about $15.

2" galvenized pipe coupling (plumbing dept)

6ft of 1/2 threaded rod

1 4" square blank plate (electrical dept)

drill a hole in each side of of the coupling and tap it with 1/2" threads. cut the threaded rod in half and grind down 1 side of each rod to make "tit" screw the rods into the coupling. take the blank plate and grind a groove into it wide enough to fit the fork rod but narrow enough to jam under the nut..........
Old thread but great info. Getting ready to replace the seals on mine this week. Just saying thanks for putting it together

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I'll be replacing mine soon...where did you get your seal/bushing kits? I was recommended to All Balls Racing by the local (non triumph) dealership

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think I got mine from racetech. It's been a little while and my minds slips sometimes. Everything went pretty smooth. Made my own blank plate and just used a pair of needle nose pliers to push the tube down. Had to get some help from better half.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Awesome thanks guys

·
Registered
1 Posts
i made my own tools from stuff i bought at home depot for about $15.

2" galvenized pipe coupling (plumbing dept)

6ft of 1/2 threaded rod

1 4" square blank plate (electrical dept)

drill a hole in each side of of the coupling and tap it with 1/2" threads. cut the threaded rod in half and grind down 1 side of each rod to make "tit" screw the rods into the coupling. take the blank plate and grind a groove into it wide enough to fit the fork rod but narrow enough to jam under the nut..........

Thank you.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts