• Not feeling well why bother

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I barely ride as it is

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many of you ride while sick. I rode the bike Monday, and to work is not a problem the problem is the way home when you are tired and beat down. So the last couple days I have stayed of the bike, and was wondering how sick do you have to be not to ride?

·
Registered
95 Posts
If it would affect my safety or others I won't nor would I rde if I were running a temp.

Otherwise, nothing quite beats a good sneeze in a full face helmet.

·
Registered
18,149 Posts
I have to say, sometimes if I'm feeling a little under the weather, a nice little ride on the scoot will pep me up a little. Good medication for me. Now if I can just convince my wife I'm sick all of the time, I'll be set! ;)

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
I agree with CB 100% - I compare it to having a turbocharger on your immune system! ;D Nothing like a little ram air to make the body feel a whole lot better. I realized it the first long distance ride I ever went on. My buddy had a few too many the night before, and every time we stopped for a bit he would turn green and get sick. But he was fine again as soon as he got back on the bike and up to speed..... Is it in our heads??? Maybe, but even if it is the placebo effect, if it makes you feel better why argue with it!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree a "little" ride is good. However, 30 minutes, I just don't want to deal with sick....

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
I generally try to avoid it, especially if I've got congestion as the snot gets pushed up into my ears causing an ear or sinus infection. Unpleasant...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts