Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a billeted alum. brake fluid reservoir from Rizoma. Any one had any experiences with Rizoma products and does anyone know the capacity of the front reservoir.

·
Registered
4,504 Posts
I have the short fat one with the little round window at the bottom. I think it is great, no problems. Others have noted problems with the cap leaking but I suspect they did not have the seal installed properly. Can not tell you the capacity but it is smaller than stock.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's the story on the leaking? Is it the gasket? Can it be fixed? I don't like the idea of a leak due to the fact the the fluid will eat the paint!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have been using the Rizoma (from PJ's) since last summer. Capacity is not an issue - either size will work just fine. I ordered the one with the window, but it's not terribly practical, since there's no light to see the fluid level through the window. I haven't had any problem with leakage. Installation is about 10 minutes, and it does look a whole lot better than the tupperware original, IMO.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It doesn't leak enough that "drops" fall. At first I just thought it was bug juice from a fat nasty mayfly or something that hit the front of the reservoir and bled to the rear as a result of the wind. It wasn't until after I'd read that other people were complaining of leaks that I really looked at it and realized that the bit 'o residue on the reservoir was actually fluid. Have never seen it on anything (tank, gloves, grips, bars, jacket, etc.) to convince me that it is a problem. Maybe I just didn't tighten it properly.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Neither of my Rizomas have had any problems with leaking. One has a window and the other doesn't. The larger one with the window has probably 3/4 capacity of the stock res but you only really need 1/2 the capacity of the stock res before you'd have to worry about anything, and even then you'd need to be doing 12 o'clock wheelies to really shake it up enough to matter.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I went with the Rizoma and got it today. Gotta say it looks sweet and I'm looking forward to getting it put on. Are there any tricks to installing it ie. how do I stop air getting into the line,or do I have to bleed the brakes after instal. etc.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I have the Rizoma with the window.

I have just finished modifying it for aesthetics.

I have had a connector made from SS so that the reservoir comes straight out of the MC.

Also, I have replaced the material in the window from the opaque stock to clear acrylic.
I can now see the fliud level.

The leakage is minimal and a bit of teflon tape around the top stops it.

I think they leak due to the notches on the top of the res. deliberate to prevent a vacuum.

I'll try to post pics later today.

AA

·
Registered
55 Posts
Get one of these

Make your reservoir swap a piece of cake!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Use it to suck out the fluid before removing the old reservoir - makes for a nice clean removal without having to worry about how to not spill it all over the place.

I saw a good tip on T595 forum that you would use this in conjunction with:

(Don't compress the lever throughout the process)

1) remove most of fluid using the TB down to the bottom of the reservoir - leave fluid in the hose
2) remove old reservoir & install new while keeping the hose vertical
3) re-fill new reservoir
4) 'Burp' the connector hose to have bubbles rise into the reservoir (squeeze the hose)

I haven't personally used the method above for replacement of reservoir but the logic is sound & I have used the TB for removal of fluid from both bike & car many many times - works really well!
Every tool chest should have a Turkey baster in it! ;D

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
After lookin at rizoma's website...which one did you go with?? there are four (CT015, CT017, CT025, CT027)...check it out

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I went with the CT-027 (front brake), and really like it. The install was very easy after Decosse's advice. The capacity is a little less than the factory reservoir, but I don't think that it's going to be an issue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.