Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my new Sulfur Yellow Speed Triple, but the headlights were a bit odd to me... I'm a GM parts manager, so I'm used to spending time in the parts books to get what I want, and in this case I wanted a factory look on my new beast if I was going to do it. Since there's no chrome on it, I went with black chrome to match - from the Thunderbird Storm. I used the pivot from a 2010 Speed Triple. All the parts I used (and prices from the USA) are listed in the beginning of the pdf. I spent a bit over $500 for the parts, it took me an hour to change things over (including taking the pictures!) and I was able to re-use the stock wiring harness once I took the clamps off the stock headlights (see the instructions for more detail.) I hope you like it!

This is a link to the instructions: View attachment Round Headlight Conversion.pdf

IMG_0971.jpg IMG_0970.JPG

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
As I said in the old days "LOOKIN' GOOD! Looking good!"

·
Registered
633 Posts
Strange thing is the later model headlights look ok on the earlier models .. earlier model lights look good on the later models. Crazy old world ain't it !!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
good pick with the black cans. :jerkoff:------

·
Registered
590 Posts
Genius. I still like my asian eyed model, odd.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
looks good. I like the new style lights on the new bikes, but that's just me. to each his own. I'll let you know once I crash my bike and need to buy one of your new style headlights.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Just swapped some over to black powder-coated shells and rims on my 2008 model. Inside the shells there was a fair amount of rust on the chrome. On the chrome parts on my Rocket III I smeared grease on all the undersides of chromed parts. Going to go over the Speedie after discovering the rust today.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Just swapped some over to black powder-coated shells and rims on my 2008 model. Inside the shells there was a fair amount of rust on the chrome. On the chrome parts on my Rocket III I smeared grease on all the undersides of chromed parts. Going to go over the Speedie after discovering the rust today.
Chrome sucks. Should have been made out of stainless steel...........:finger:

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
:sign5: I always wanted to find someone who could make me a pair out of brushed stainless for my old bike. not too many real craftsmen around these days though.

ended up with plastic...... still better than chrome.

chrome is for hardleys and old school cars.

and people with mullets.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is that a stock 2012+ flyscreen?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Got a set of early style round headlights for sale if anyone is interested .. selling for half Aussie new price , you pay postage. New Aussie price is $985.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts