Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Through a tragic event I have inherited a ‘99 speed triple RS. It has what appears to be lots of mods etc so I have a pretty serious project ahead of me.

so far:
Has a vapor display, I can’t even figure out the milage. Paperwork has it showing at least 42,000

Leaks oil, I don’t even know how to check it.

Has a couple random wires sticking out that are bare on the end.

Left (bar end) blinker fast blinks, right blinker blinks both

Has a gold cylinder with the word ohlins on it and a knob. Perhaps some kind of suspension adjustment but don’t know.

Has a white, black and blue connector near the battery that are all disconnected, but one has a jumper

So ya,, I’ve got some googling and reading to do. Any quick thoughts to point me in the right direction would be helpful.

·
Registered
4,504 Posts
Has a gold cylinder with the word ohlins on it and a knob. Perhaps some kind of suspension adjustment but don’t know.
Hopefully that cylinder has a hose connecting to the rear shock. Should be another adjusting screw on the shock body.

Photos with circles and arrows and a paragraph describing them will help us help you. Not so much if you use a seeing eye dog.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
You got any photos of the bike?

In 99, there was the Speed Triple which was a 955cc motor and there was also the Sprint RS (half fairing, conventional bean frame, and conventional double sided swing arm) which had almost the same 955cc motor.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts