Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I noticed that the flat side of the chain that faces the wheel is rusty. Anybody else noticed this? I oil the chain every other day ('cuz I commute every day), but it'd be pretty tough to oil this side of the chain.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Use a brush and a small can of diesel or kerosene to clean the chain, then lube it.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Same here, kerosene to clean and bel-ray lube. Never had a problem. Secret is to get the chain warm before the lube and let her sit for 30 minutes minimum, overnight preferred after lubing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you guys know of any tricks to keep all the crap out of the back brake pads when you're cleaning your chain? I tried taking off the caliper and sealing it in a plastic bag but it still seemed to get stuff in there.

Phil

·
Registered
10 Posts
Motorex 611 Chain Clean. It takes the rust off with the dirt. Follow with Bel Ray Chain Lube. No problem with brake caliper. I tried the Kerosene with brush. It works great but is messier than spray cans.

·
Registered
23,333 Posts
You haven't been backing your boat trailer into the water with Speedy again have you? ;D :popcorn:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Naw, I usually just keep the fifth-wheel hooked up to it. Anybody know how to put a goose-neck hitch on one of these things? :fingure:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts