Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really only want to use ABS when it's wet - it's doing some freaky stuff to me under hard braking with big bumps on a couple of roads I have taken a thousand times on lots of different bikes. I actually feel like it's making these bits of road more dangerous, because it's cutting my braking power way down, making things feel very strange and I know for a fact I could be stopping a lot harder.

Is anyone aware of a way to change the ABS setting to default as off, and then enable it in the menu when I feel like it?

· Registered
2,249 Posts
It is not safe to have it default off. You could sue Triumph.

· Registered
7,700 Posts
That's page 26 - I know how to turn it off, I want to set it off by default.
pull a fuse, unplug a wheel speed sensor, remove an exciter ring, cut a wire, pick your poison. it only intervenes when a drastic change in wheel speed occurs. maybe your compression damping is set too high to where the tires skip over sharp bumps? perhaps riding a bit smoother could also prevent the unwanted activation? ahh what the phuck do I know anyway?

those monoblock calipers offer some serious bite, and if the tire leaves the pavement with the brakes applied, you can bet your ass the ABS will intervene. I would seriously look closely as to what exactly is going on when this occurs. it might just be a couple clicks away on your compression knob....

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Compression's wound almost right the way down at both ends, although the ride's still pretty harsh. I'm talking about big tree-root road bumps, almost the size of speed bumps, at 60-80kmh. So yes it's a fairly extreme example, but not that uncommon for me. The ABS system is shitting me a bit - there's this, there's the fact it doesn't allow stoppies (fair enough) and there's the fact that with ABS models you can't adjust your speedo error using TuneECU. Kinda wishing it wasn't there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.