Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
are there any stock specs out there for factory injectors and what i could possibly replace them with in the aftermarket world?
I have tested some of the Keihin injectors. I don't seem to have the data on my home computer. I'll see if I can dig it up at work and post it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

I apologize for bumping up such an old thread but the attachment with the flow rate is nowhere to be found.

Could you please upload it again?

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all of you,
Thanks for this board dr_gallup :smile:, it's could help me to change my injectors 01F006A by ones with a different flow rate.
There's something I don't understand really. It's about the static flow, with n-heptane it's 26.5 lb/h and gasoline it's 27,8 lb/h.
If 'gasoline' is standard fuel, why his static flow is superior than n-heptane. N-heptane has a dynamic viscosity less than fuel and his density is less than fuel too.
It's seems to me that the static flow should be higher for n-heptane than fuel.
Have you any informations about this?
Best regards

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It's mostly a density thing. N-heptane being less dense it flows less on a weight basis. Viscosity plays a minor roll too. Different injector designs can flip-flop the relationship if they have more surface area where the metering takes place (more viscosity sensitive). Gasoline is never used for a reference fuel because it's a blend that varies by location, time of year, brand to brand, etc. N-heptane is a pure substance and even after 50% of it has evaporated you still have n-heptane and it flows the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok you're the tallest, I come back to my hole.
Thanks for explanation, I'll be less lite bit stupid tonight.
Now I'll continue the new injector's integration but I'll certainly proceed step by step, not only with theoretical value.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
For some reason the above image won't open so here it is again.
I've also added info for people with the 900 engine, there is a Jaguar part number that is exactly the same injector, only the laser marking is different.

Note that I had the wrong units for the static flow rate, they are correct above (g/min) but when I put the new JPEG in it left the old thumbnail below along with the new one. I don't know how to delete the old thumbnail.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very useful thread, thanks Dr_Gallup :) The 955 maps have an injector flow rate quoted (285.8 for T1240891/01F006A, 357.6 for T1240892/01F020A), do you have any idea what it is or how it relates to the specs you've supplied?

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Very useful thread, thanks Dr_Gallup :) The 955 maps have an injector flow rate quoted (285.8 for T1240891/01F006A, 357.6 for T1240892/01F020A), do you have any idea what it is or how it relates to the specs you've supplied?
The ratio between 357.6/285.8 = 1.25 = 250/200 so those are obviously static flow rates. The question then is what are the units. I'm guessing those are volumetric measurements so 200/285.8 = 0.700 g/cc, that's not exactly the density of gasoline which varies but is closer to 0.75 g/cc. Heptane is .684 g/cc, octane is 0.703 g/cc, that's pretty close but nobody runs pure octane. It's possible those flows are at a slightly different pressure further complicating things. All my data are at 3.00 bar differential pressure. Static flow rate is directly proportional to the square root of the differential pressure (Bernoulli) equation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi dr_galup,

I know the post is very old, but do you still have the document for the SAGEM injectors you've mentioned?

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was looking up some SAGEM fuel injector specs for another member & came across some old documentation so I thought I'd post it up here. See the attached spreadsheet. As near as I can figure, these are all the original equipment injectors from the first fuel injected Triumph to the last 955i. All 1050's have been Denso, I have no data on them.

The first two injectors on the list are big old 24 mm diameter injectors, I didn't even remember we sold those to Triumph. We don't have those exact specs in production anymore but I could always whip up a special batch. The last 3 are the smaller 13.2 mm diameter injectors. SAGEM took all the tooling over to France when they sold us off so I can't make them.

Just thought some of you might find it useful if you're trying to find replacements. Not that they ever go bad. :eboy:

A cautionary note; ALL fuel injector manufactures spec static flow rate on n-heptane because it's a pure substance. If 10% of it evaporates it's still 100% n-heptane. Most web sites will give you some ill-defined static flow rate on "gasoline", what ever that is. Gasoline varies by local, time of year and how long it's been since it left the refinery. Not a pure substance & NOBODY actually measures injectors on it. I have given approximate conversions from n-heptane to gasoline but it may have no correlation to billy bobs injector emporium flow claims. Dynamic flow calibration is at least as important as static flow rate but you won't even find it on billy bob's web site because it makes his head hurt. Dynamic flow requires even more careful test condition delineation: voltage, pulse width, pulse repetition rate and injector drive circuitry. What I'm trying to say is, you are best off trying to get OE replacement injectors unless you want to spend a lot of time with Devious completely remapping every variable in the ECU.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi dr_galup,

I know the post is very old, but do you still have the document for the SAGEM injectors you've mentioned?

Thanks very much.
I replaced my triumph Daytona 955i 2006 injectors with Peugeot 307 2.0 16 valve injectors ,exactly the same ,also sagem ,it it cost half the price as from the agents ,I'm from south africa

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
IHi ,I used Peugeot 307 2.0 16valve injectors in my triumph Daytona 955i 2006 ,exactly the same ,and its also sagem
That's certainly possible, I will have to look it up next time I'm in the plant. SAGEM did supply Peugeot during those days. Won't help anyone in the US, Peugeot never sold the 307 in the US (probably not anywhere in the western hemisphere). I'm retired now but do consulting so I can verify next week. Those Peugeot injectors may be getting rare, SAGEM sold that production line off years ago and the line was recently shut down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi dr_gallup
Sorry to inject a different aspect into this old discussion but I have just stumbled upon the thread. I am a Daytona owner and have a Sagem injector problem. My T595 with just 2000 miles from new in 1997 has just been into the dealers to recommission, they have returned it saying that the injectors are no good and not repairable also that they are unable to obtain replacements, the factory do not have them anymore. This is one of the first bikes off the line courtesy of John Bloor so the injector is the 01D004A it seems that a small number were made with these and then the remainder were changed to the later type. Any advice you can give for an alternative or how I can overcome my problem would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Sorry, I don't have a good cross reference for the 01D004. Triumph can still order it, we have 19 in our warehouse.

It was also used in MY98 TVR AJP6 engine, TVR #E6422 but I suspect TVR parts are harder to find than Triumph parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, your help here is very much appreciated, I am suspecting that the dealer does not want to sort the problem it's easier just to service new bikes. I will remove the injectors and check that the part number is correct and then speak to Triumph direct. I assume your warehouse is in the US? The problem seems to have been caused by the bike being laid up for some time and the fuel not drained, My fault, it also destroyed the fuel pump these latest fuels in UK are causing untold damage.
Kind regards

Eric

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
The warehouse is in Virginia. I used to offer free injector testing to all TST members but I'm no longer an employee. I just do a little consulting and at the end of my contract. I suspect they will offer me another but I can't promise anything.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts