Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sold out and won't be selling another batch. British Customs and other shops copied my plates, so it's not worth doing anymore.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Ahem,
Do you know if these will fit on the 1050? I'd imagine that they would. Also, would I have to get a tuneboy and load a non-sai map, or would the dealer have it (possibly the Austrailian map?) Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer should have a non-SAI map available if they know Triumphs. I'm almost 100% sure they'll fit without having a 1050 here to see for myself. I've had 1050 guys tell me the 955 and 1050 match on this part.

I highly recommend Tuneboy if you're planning to do any tuning of your bike. It does a lot more than PCIII, doesn't require leaving crap connected to your bike after tuning, and it is as easy to use as the PCIII software. Plus, for the 1050's it has the ability to adjust your gearing ratio in case you ever do a sprocket swap...

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, since the crash, I lost a lot of PMs from people interested in plates. SO, if you still want a set of plates, Bob is ripping through another 5-10 sets for the next batch. Orders will be filled in order recieved in my PM box.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW, we've had a LOT of interest in the plates and we're hoping to get 10 sets done this weekend to ship out next week. I'll send out PMs to those who've contacted me with interest when I've got the sets in hand ready to ship.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Listed a bunch of plates on ebay. If anyone is interested in buying a set, shoot me a PM, email, or get them on ebay. I need to get these sold. Going to have my stock front end and a bunch of other parts on ebay soon as well.

G

·
Kuhlka,

The ebay listing may infer that you only get one plate (not a set of three) for your money.

Just trying to be helpful! :D ;)

God luck.

Mark

·
Registered
130 Posts
kuhlka,
I received my plates...top notch workmanship. What gasket did you use for the them? Is it something I can buy at Pep Boys or Auto Zone?
Thanks,
Fred

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I made my own gaskets.
As an aside I just fitted the blanking plates with stainless dome bolts, after taking out the reed valves.
The little popping that I had on the overrun has disappeared..:) :) :) :).
I must admit though that one bolt on one of the OEM snorkels was a bit loose so it could have been leaking air from there.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
7 sets remaining. Once they're gone, I don't know when I'll get a chance to get more made.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Kuhlka:
What kind of map/tune are you running on your 955i?
I just installed the TOR high race can, K&N and the 10130 PKtour map from T595Net.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm running the 'Sprint ST' PKPower tune from the T595.net tune swap shop. When I went on today to check the name, I noticed they have an updated base tune which I think I'm going to try out, either that or the PKTour tune. PK power is just too twitchy at low RPMs with my shorter gearing.

As long as you load a non-SAI tune like PKpower or any tunes on the tuneboy website which don't mention Secondary Air Injection, then the trouble light will not light up. Loading a non-SAI tune tells the ECU that there is no SAI system connected and you can just unplug everything related to the SAI as seen in my how-to on this forum.

Is your CE light coming on even with the PKtour map? I know I've either got PKpower or the standard PK map installed, not tour.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts