·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I tell if my '02 has SAI?

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Look at the top of the motor. If you have 3 hoses coming off the front top side of the motor then you have SAI. You probably also have a big carbon canister and associated solenoid mounted just under your intakes.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
so is there any actual performance increase by blocking these off? From what I understand, all it does is stop the popping on decelleration. I like the popping... makes it sound mean, and gets attention from motorists too...

·
Registered
99 Posts
from what i read, there's not real performance gains, just stops the decel popping like you said. i was the same as you. didn't want to do the SAI removal because i liked the popping. but i gets a bit annoying after a while...and make the bike sound like it misfiring like crazy

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I liked the popping too, then I plugged my SAI and now it rumbles, much better.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Secondary Air Injection.

Part of your bike's emission control system. Injects air into your exhaust to help burn unburned fuel, which also causes the bike to pop and backfire.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
No problem. I'm feeling almost nice today. Must be hung over from the 12 hour Lord Of The Rings festival yesterday.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Crashmasterd said:
No problem. I'm feeling almost nice today. Must be hung over from the 12 hour Lord Of The Rings festival yesterday.
It's starting to make sense now :d: :d: :d: :d: :d: :d: :d:

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts