Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

Santas sidecar build.

8K views 48 replies 21 participants last post by  HockeyFan 
#1 ·
I started to put this in the Goldwing thread to be a wiseass but I think it deserves its own thread.

Dina and I decided to get this for Kaylee.

Dina wanted me to put training wheels on it but I figured why not do something cooler and possibly corrupt two young minds at once.

Sacrificed an old carseat and started figuring. Btw I started this last Saturday afternoon.

I even had a wheel that matched from the kids old pocket bike.

At this point the seat was bolted down and everything was solid. Time to start making it look good.

Getting the curved piece to lay down on the front was a challenge.

But I got it. A quick test fit.

Sand, bondo, sand, bondo, repeat....

Prime, sand, bondo, repeat...

Paint..... a lot.

The cover for the carseat doesn't cover as much as I thought it would so I may pull it apart and clean up those areas a little.

Hopefully it'll stop raining long enough to get some video today.

I was telling a guy at work about it and he asks "how old is the kid in the side car?" 6mo. "and how old is the driver?" 3-1/2. He just looked at me.

See less See more
#3 ·
Joe, you are missing out on some quality awesome.

#6 ·
At least you can admit that now.

#8 ·
Nice!

#14 ·
Dave? Will you be my new Daddy? I'll call Dina 'Mom' and everything.

#18 ·
Get in line....

#22 ·
What? The fact that you aren't much, if any older than me?

It ain't like I'm asking you to change my diapers or anything.

#21 ·
This is the only time I recommend ATGATT.
The little blighters skulls are still very soft.

I have a friend who lost a daughter about that age in similar circumstances.
She wasn't wearing a helmet though.
Not actually supposed to be riding the bike, just sitting on her older brothers new toy.
Little bugger couldn't resist twisting the throttle.

I'm not saying don't do it, just make sure their heads are protected.

Sorry not trying to be a Grinch.

#24 ·
It's all good Double A, the helmet we got her isn't the best but when you start looking at the better ones the weight goes way up. Keeping her in the grass and the speed limited for now. Next time she's here I'll be able to get some one on one time to hold her attention and explain some things. Just too many people there to distract her yesterday. You should've seen the look on her moms face when I asked Kaylee if she wanted to go to an ECR. :dslap:

Not sure exactly why crash but you calling Dina Mom gives me the heebie-jeebies.

#25 ·
Fair enough.... Dad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.