Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bear with me, it's a variation of the much asked question.

Seems that everyone is happy with their aftermarket seats, at least now the Sargent seat fit issues are ironed out. And I know that the Sargent seat room for the toolkit and the Corbin doesn't.

As a tall and relatively slim rider (6'5" and 220lbs) would one seat fit me better than the other?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Email both companies. I'll bet they'd make a tall seat for you. I haven't measured but the Sargent feels about the same height as stock.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Height isn't really a problem. I just wondered is one seat was much wider than the other or rubbed the inside leg of some of the larger riders, that sort of thing.

In fact the stock height of the S3 is the reason I bought one. I actually intended to buy an S4R until I sat on one and discovered that they are built for Jockeys. I hadn't done much research and blundered into the Triumph dealership on the way home from work one day. Close shave that.

·
Registered
18,149 Posts
I've sat on both, and I'd say the Sargeant is setup fer a slightly wider ass(reads: it fit me better :eek:). I really don't think you would go wrong with either though.

·
Registered
469 Posts
In my case there was no question as to which to get, Corbin doesn't make one for the 02-04 bikes. I'm very happy with the Sargent.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Quick! Ban R100Pilot!!!! He just posted a link to another Speed Triple forum....

Thanks for those posts on t-rat BTW, they were very usefull.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts