Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
This is a very personal thing. For example, many guys hate the stock seat on the 05, claim that they cant ride a hundred miles without becoming a cripple, and that the Sargent or Corbin has made the world of difference. Me, I love the stock seat...best I've ever had, done quite a few 500 mile days. Go figure. I'm sure you will get a range of opinions for the 955 seat as well

·
Registered
424 Posts
955i here and just got back from a 1000 mile weekend trip with a Corbin. No IronButt Rally's in my future. Never had the stock seat so I can't say what that is like but the Corbin did OK until the last 150 miles and then I was hurting so bad I had to stop every 50 to stretch. I think it depends on rider weight and how much riding you do through out the year. Anyone want to start a Tenderbutt Rally 50 miles or less a week! No? The Corbin is wider then stock but gravity pulls you to the tank so you sit on the small parts, if there was some sort of way for the seat to hold you at the back I bet it would be comfortable. :blah:

Good luck
Spanky

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I hear the first step is to get a good pair of bicycle shorts. It should make a world of difference. Haven't got to that myself though because I've been happy with the stocker. Haven't done really long trips though.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
+1 on the bike shorts, comfortable and will make you popular with the ladies ;D. Sargent seats cost a lot, but how much is your ass worth?

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
Like Leggy and Bucket I'm perfectly happy with the stock seat, but many people disagree on it's comfort. YMMV.

However, I had a Corbin seat on my old Trident and I was never happy with it. It forced me into a riding position I didn't like, and it weighed three times what the factory seat weighed! I can't complain about the quality, but I never liked it.

Sergeant I can't comment on.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I hated the stock seat. I've got an '02 so the decision as to whether to get a Sargent or a Corbin was easy. Corbin doesn't make one. :wtf:

I got a Sargent and I like it far better than the stock. Was it worth it, I think so.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
crashmasterd said:
However, I had a Corbin seat on my old Trident and I was never happy with it. It forced me into a riding position I didn't like, and it weighed three times what the factory seat weighed! I can't complain about the quality, but I never liked it.

Sergeant I can't comment on.
I just got a Corbin last month and I have to admit some disappointment at the level of comfort. The looks and quality of work are great, but like Crash said, it probably weighs nearly 3 times as much as the stocker. I did 475+ in one day on it, but was stopping at less than 100 miles to get off and give the backs of my legs a rest.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My Sargent seat made a HUGE diff on my '04 955i. The stock seat on mine was terrible and the sloping smashed my jewels down into the tank on the regular.
I had Sargent add about 1 1/2" to the seat height to accomodate my 34" inseam and they created more
of a nose in front to minimize the sloping and now it's total perfection. If you want to take a look at what the seat looks like, (you'll
see how diff. it is from the stock one), take a look at my bike (DR14) in the "member's bikes" section.
Plus Rudi at Sargent was great to deal with, very helpful.

-Dave

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Bicycle shorts and leather chaps, that's where its at! Comfort of the padded shorts, protection from the chaps....who needs to replace the seat. :d:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.