Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
That is one hell of a story, I would probably blown my cool, cussed them out and never got there. Can't believe I'm associating with a hardened cat killer. Before I went to Oz in ~1987 I'd been arrested twice in the same NY town, they remembered me the second time. It's an even longer story but I had no trouble getting into Oz.

·
Registered
11,733 Posts
This ETA (Electronic Travel Authorisation) stuff has only become fashionable in the last couple of years. USA started it all after 9/11....not that I blame them. My dog never killed any cats, so I have had no problem getting an authorisation instantly for any of my trips to the states. Australia and Canada have only introduced this process in the last 2 or 3 years, specifically so hardened criminals like David are kept out of our countries.

I have been trying to get either a visa or ETA for our trip to Canada in August. When I applied for the ETA online one of the last questions it asked was for the Flight name and number. We are not flying in, but riding in from the states. So it won't issue an ETA. Further research and I find out (from the Canadian Embassy website) that I don't need a visa or ETA if I am arriving by road or boat, just the correct travel documents. I follow another link to find out what those documents might be and find out I need a passport (well d'uh) and A Fu CKING VISA OR ETA! This is confusing the hell out of me.

I just printed out the page that says I don't need a visa or ETA if I am arriving by road....and hope I don't get stopped at the border.

I tried contacting the Canadian Embassy in Australia, and it seems I am not allowed to speak to a real person....I gotta send an email detailing my enquiry. I get a response that was way, way less than helpful to put it politely. Google reviews tell me that this is usual form.

Further to David's post. He arrives in Australia 48 hours after Dina and Dan and Becky. He was hard to recognise coming out of the bowels of customs and immigration....he looked a shell of his former self. The whole sordid process had taken a toll on the poor bastard. A few Days in the Aussie sun with plenty of Crown and Coke and Aussie food and he returned to his former robustness. We departed on our nearly 5 week tour of the eastern side of 'straya on shedule.....and I'll leave it to David to tell the rest of the story.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts