Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the so called " Stinko Shinkos " for my SpeedFour to give them a shot . Not to be cheap but to give them a shot .
People said they were only good for drag racing and shitty on the cornering . Whoever said that either never tried them or were sniffing glue . I just proved those f*ckers wrong . They stick in the corners quite nicely actually . As for the profile they are "U"ish and not a cone shape like a Pilot Power . But that didn't mean jack when I slammed the bike into a turn and the stuck to the road stink on shit . As for riding in the rain I'll tell you all later . It's a Street Legal Racing Slick so who knows . The hardest thing to get over on these tires is getting over is the name . If you all ever feel squirrelly give them a try . For the money a great damn tire .
Plus they look cool . The dimples are shaped like beer bottles . ;D :sign7:
If anyone has any questions on them feel free to IM .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheapbastard said:
but how would they stick for a real bike with some real power to the rear wheel? :fingure:
;D Yeah, how much power does a hair dryer on roller skates make anyhoo. :fingure:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dynoed at 93hp . Not bad for a hairdryer . She's not exactly a powerhouse but she can handle .

Hairdryer ?!!! Ouch. :finger:

I am sure they can handle the torque of a 955 or 1050.
And it's all about placement, not displacement .

·
Registered
145 Posts
Funny, I was just at my local Powersports Accessories shop picking up an oil filter wrench when I noticed the Shinkos on the tire rack. I asked the owner about them as I noticed he was stocking quite a few and that they were fairly inexpensive (he also carried Dunlops and Michelins). He explained that they've been VERY popular since last fall due to the price and the fact that they were pretty sticky. He also said that they didn't last long but that the performance and price made up for the low durability (at least in the eyes of most of his customers). Apparently the squids on their Hyabusas have made them THE tire of choice for this area as their "stickiness" helps them to get the front tire up on the stretched bikes fairly easily. At least that is what the owner told me. He wasn't trying to sell me a set... he was just answering my questions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What got me to try them was that I wanted try a different tire . Had Mich , Metzlers , BitchAxxs , ect . Plus I was so disappointed about the 010s. As for Price they were pretty cheap as well . So far I've had them on about a week and put on about 600miles on them and they're holding their own. As for the durability issue the Drag Racers thoroughly abuse their tires . They run 16 psi and roast them .Whatever they use will go quick. I've been hitting some decent twisties and they are great . They do have the good rep on the strip but what I am discovering is that they're also good in the twisties ( which I have been told the opposite ) . I am just impressed . They're worth trying and if you hate them they weren't much of a sacrifice . I like them . Just sharing the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.