Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here goes, I know some of you fuckers are gonna give me slack for even asking, but it's in the back of my mind and I know it's in yours too. I want/ need a new speed triple (currently have an 03) and was going to be getting one this summer, but I'm almost sure that Triumph will have a new one for 08, if they continue on with their 3 yr plan... so should I bear it for the summer months and wait to see if they're going to do a proper LE or R model that we all want? What do you think the changes will be? I'd love to see an ohlins/ brembo/ OZ (or some other wheel) model.... but then again, I don't really see it happening. Meh, I'll just :slap: myself then

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
I think it'll be at least a year before there is a significant update to the S3.  Call it the 2009 model year at the earliest.

That's just my opinion.  Take from it what you will.

You'll not be sorry with a current 1050.

(Of course they did just release an SE model, which is just what they did before the released the 1050. This could mean something.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
There will always be newer, better, faster stuff coming out. Doesn't matter if you're talking bikes, computers or women. You just have to decide when you want to jump on that new one. It's going to be last years model next year.

Personally, I'm not expecting a major S3 change next year because Triumph has got to do something about the lack of an open class Daytona first. Once they do that, then i think we will see a trickle down to the next gen speedy. A lot of people think otherwise. Will they do a proper high performance R model? I think they should but they never have yet so I wouldn't hold your breath. This years limited edition is just a box of parts.

JUST DO IT. :slap: :slap: :slap:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I agree with Cheap for a change. :beer:

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
I agree with the two yellow bike riding weirdoes....
For a change.

dr_gallup said:
There will always be newer, better, faster stuff coming out. Doesn't matter if you're talking bikes, computers or women.
There's Newer, Better, Faster Women? But I'm not tired of the previous models yet!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
arghh, you :poop: heads... gonna make me spend my money sooner rather than later. I just checked at the local dealership, and they have 2 white ones in stock... think I like the green though. Not the same as the 03 Green, looks a bit lighter, but I still like it

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
dr_gallup said:
Dfib said:
crashmasterd said:
I agree with the two yellow bike riding weirdos....
For a change.
Agreed! :fingure:
I'll have you know Stella is one of the superior WHITE speedies!!!! :slap: :slap: :slap:
I meant Cheap and R100Pilot. I agreed with them agreeing with you.

Feel the love, man! Don't hate!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
granted, the white ones do look really good IMO, and I'd like the black if everyone and their mother didn't already have it. I think that flat black would look really good with some light pinstriping, a la old school hot rod. :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
They've got a green one in stock at Myers in Asheville, NC, complete with Arrow full system, for something south of $9500 I think...

Oh and then there's that green one in the For Sale section...it may be gone, though.

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
I forecast a new Big Daytona before a new Speed Triple...

Then they'll strip off the fairings and make a new Speed Triple with a detuned Big-D motor... But that won't be until 2009 or fall 2008 probably.

Guess what I've got to keep me preoccupied in the meantime...???

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
kuhlka said:
aaaaa...a new puppy?

or a shiny new ten speed?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
kuhlka said:
I forecast a new Big Daytona before a new Speed Triple...

Then they'll strip off the fairings and make a new Speed Triple with a detuned Big-D motor... But that won't be until 2009 or fall 2008 probably.

A life partner?

·
Registered
255 Posts
ryanjfitz said:
arghh, you :poop: heads... gonna make me spend my money sooner rather than later. I just checked at the local dealership, and they have 2 white ones in stock... think I like the green though. Not the same as the 03 Green, looks a bit lighter, but I still like it
I've got green, it's really awesome :lh:

Don't think you can go wrong with the current bike...buy it already!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea yea, I'm gonna... just have to go to jail first for a while... as soon as I get out and get my license back you better believe I'm gonna pick one up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.