Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine arrived last week. I was somewhat concerned on accounta it's only connected by one clamp and a spring, but when all's said and done, it seems that's enough. Bob actually welds the pipe to the muffler so there's no second clamp to mess with - just pull all the stock stuff, slide the pipe in, screw in the O2 sensor and go.

Compared to the TORS, it seems to have a bit more on the top end, about the same everywhere else. I'm getting a bit more popping at neutral throttle, or maybe I'm just hearing it more - the squid is about as loud as I'd want to get, which is pretty loud. Sounds great, though I did have a deputy do a U-turn and follow me before I'd even gotten a half mile on my first test ride.

The big difference is weight. I'd bet this system weighs about the same as the stock mid-pipes, never mind the twin cans. It's noticeable from the moment you throw a leg over and turns an already quick handling bike even quicker. Much fun!

I spent a lot of time debating between these and the M4s. I think I made the right choice.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, it's lookin' damn good. While waitin' for the pipe, I ditched all the stuff on the ass end including the boat tail, added the integrated turn signal/taillight gizmo, made a new license plate mount using LED bolt lights, and put on some Techspec tank gripper pads (if you like doin' wheelies, you'll wonder why you didn't get them sooner).

But between work and near-constant rain, I haven't had any chance to take any new shots of it.

Oh yeah - the more stuff I took off, the more offensive the stock front signals looked, so I've got some Rizoma blinky things on the way. Might wait until I get those and put 'em on.

I've already got someone who wants the stock signals - they're the same as used on some BMWs and he needs some.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm... okay, since I gotta wash the dog, and I gotta clean the mud offa Limey's Used TORS before they go to a new home, an' Veronica needs her chain lubed anyway, I might as well hose her down an' spiff her up for some pitchers while I'm at it. I'll try an' have 'em up tonight. Unless, of course, it rains.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.