Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, i got a slow leak in my rear tire (PP)....lost about 5 lbs in two days...i can see what looks like a small gash (bout 3/4 inch)...i filled it to about 35 and did the ol soap and water trick and no bubbles...i got about 60% tread left and would hate to shell out money for a new one but i'm planning a trip to see cheap at deals gap in an couple weeks and i don't want any problems...what would you do?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I would check the whole tire with soapy water and look for another leak. And determine just how bad it is. Deals Gap and the ride both ways is not a good place to have tire issues.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
cheapbastard said:
as cheap as I am Dirt, I would even git a new one, especially fer the kinda riding you'll be doing. sorry man, that suks!
+1 Just too big of a gamble to not replace it IMHO...... Don't want speedy parts by the tree of shame.

G

·
Got a cycle gear near? ya have to take the wheel in off the bike, they only charge $20 to fit and balance. I think about $140 for the PP.

·
Registered
18,147 Posts
yeah Dirt, you should be able to find a rear fer $140 or less! If ya had time, alot of times you can find a rear for around $125 shipped on ebay.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks everybody...limey esp.... :drink: i finally got it at pure triumph in ft. lauderdale...they originally quoted me the $200, when i called him back and told him that cycle gear had it for $149 he told me that he'd beat the price cause he couldn't stand them...apparently he had some grudge!...all told 180 OTD...fuckit i had 3600 miles on the tire anyways...the sides are still decent and it does hold air, the gashes did not go all the way through so i'll put it on when i hit the track! :devil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts