Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems after my service I have a small leak a little bigger then the size of a quarter after letting it sit over night...

looks like its coming out of the nut where you drain the oil.. is that common if maybe they didnt tighten it up good enough?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tightened it up although its not dripping after a 100 miles there is oil around that nut.... grrrr should i go back to dealer?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WTF? I never use a new washer after an oil change and I never see oil there. Fucking new washer....who gives a *******'s ass? :nana:

The only new O-ring you need is the one around your cornhole after a trip to teh dealership. tell them to replace THAT crush washer after they fuck you. :horse:

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
dblhelx said:
WTF? I never use a new washer after an oil change and I never see oil there. Fucking new washer....who gives a *******'s ass? :nana:

The only new O-ring you need is the one around your cornhole after a trip to teh dealership. tell them to replace THAT crush washer after they fuck you. :horse:
The manuals always say to replace them but if you don't damage them they will last the life of the vehicle. The factory just figures it is better to replace cheap parts like that every time than have to deal with one warranty claim.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Not true. The point of using a new washer, is so it will crush down under the proper torque setting and make a tight seal. If you don't use a new washer, after 1-2 time it will no longer crush down to seal properly and increase the risk of over torquing the bolt. The way to reuse a washer is anneal it. This usually is only done on copper washers. Aluminum washers are cheap enough to replace......unless you are cheap....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lets see...hhhmmmm....9 motorcycles later....check....15 years later...ok, yeah...uuummmm never replaced a crush washer. ok, got it yeah....carry the one, divided by 3 times 3.14 and avogadros number...well that equals...NO PROBLEMS EVER WITH NOT REPLACING A "Crush washer." lol :jerkoff: :drink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.