Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good evening all....as some may note...i am a Speedie wannabe.....well...me and the fiance went to the local Triumph dealership (Sarasota, Hap's Cycle Shop)....they didnt have an 06, but they DID have a black 07....me Speeddream.....anyways...quote, all inclusive, out the door, was $10500....plus the $600 in the accessories (which they didnt even know about and I had to point it out)....

Good price or bad...2miles on the odo...

side note...only other Triumph dealer is 1 hour the other way to Fort Myers, Gulf Coast Triumph....havent gone there, but not sure i want to...I have had several bad experiences with Fort Myers dealers in general....

I WANT A SPEEDIE!!!!! :shocker:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm a Speedie wannabe myself and went to my local dealer today. The only one that they had was yellow and priced at $9990 bone stock. Sounds like you have a good deal on your hands.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no offense limey...but its white... :afro:

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Sounds like a pretty okay deal on the whole. Me, as long as I could afford it I'd take it. There's no use arguing with yourself when it's something you really want!

The real question is are you happy with that dealership? If you are, then I don't see any reason to worry if it's a good deal or not. It certainly isn't a bad deal with those options.

G

·
Well, buy it and paint it or call 'em to see if they will beat the price on a new one and make it worth the drive. They might have a black one also. :popcorn:

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea...the dealership had a great feel about it..... :wave:

but i also do not have the need to haggle over a couple hundred.....

damn the battle within

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
DocPup said:
no offense limey...but its white... :afro:
You should get a black one and get a personalized plate reading "Shaft".

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
If you want it, get it. The dealership I am buying mine from is 2 hours away and the closest dealership is 1 1/2 hours away. I was quoted about $9600. OTD. I will be happy when she's in my garage.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
I don't know what taxes & title run in FLA but they are not cutting you any special favors. List is $9999. Chattanooga was selling new 06's all last year for $8883, I bought 2. This year they are not advertising their price but I expect they would do about the same. That was the best deal in the US last year. What's wrong with WHITE??? It is the superior color. :horse: :horse: :horse:

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just am not a neat and tiddy person to get involved with white :pow:

·
Registered
263 Posts
$10,500 for an '07 OTD isn't bad - especially if you get the color you want.

But as I mentioned on another post - the dealer can treat the $600 in accesories as cash and just deduct it from the price of the bike - this way you pay less and you pay less in tax.

So, if you can find an '06 somewhere for $8999 (the going price on leftovers), minus the $600, you'd pay $8400 plus tax, tags and and get the bike OTD for something like $9200. Now that's a great deal! :wave:

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Sounds good to me, did they lower the price on em? My Stealer told me plan on 12K after taxes, all the other BS, and SHIPPING. "Oh I''d be riding it home", "That's for it's shipping from england", But I want the one right there- it's already here" "I know, you have to pay for the shipping"
I think I've let everyone know how I feel about my dealer.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
dr_gallup said:
I don't know what taxes & title run in FLA but they are not cutting you any special favors.  List is $9999.  Chattanooga was selling new 06's all last year for $8883, I bought 2.  This year they are not advertising their price but I expect they would do about the same.  That was the best deal in the US last year. 
My understanding is that Chattanooga Powersports has a new owner and management. The crew there seems to be less happy, and the Triumph deals are a thing of the past.

I would still call and ask.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
If the dealer thinks they can sell it quickly, they may not deal. If they have been sitting with it in their inventory, they may be willing to deal a lot more.

$10,200 doesn't sound like a deal.

Triumph is offering $600 in accessories to move bikes that are sitting. The dealer should be willing to deal. If not, check elsewhere.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
The 600 in accessories is on 07's only. I paid 10888 for my 06. Kinda feel like i paid too much but i like my bike so hey, live and learn.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
APtech77 said:
Last Nov. I got my '07 for 9.5K OTD plus $200 bucks towards new goodies.
damn AP...where are you at???

yea...they are charging $400 cuz it is shipped over the pond...plus $150 for assembly.....but took $700 off the top and still get the $600 in accessories...

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wow....WI is a long ways away

1 - 20 of 32 Posts