Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have been using an Android app for a while now and thought I'd give a brief intro as to what it can do for tuning and how to obtain it.

Most of us nowadays have a smartphone.
if you have an iPhone you'll probably already know about "Rev" app that runs the same as this one but for a lesser phone :p
just kidding.

This is about the android phone version 'Torque' app, because that's the one I use.

Now with a modest outlay of $4.99 aud for the Torque app, and the addition of a $17.00 aud for a special bluetooth dongle onto your bike, you can have your riding parameters like revs and intake temp and pressure along with many more bike data both on your phone's display and onto a website correlated with a google map trace of where you were for each set of data.
you then login to this site and look at your bikes historical graphs for interest or to diagnose a problem that always happens at a particular location/road/intersection:wrench::wrench:

it can even tell(audio) you to back off:violent1: because your bike has not warmed up yet. or that a certain parameter like bike temp or fuel consumption has gone beyond max or min limits that you set:shocker:.

Anyway, its cheap, easy to use and install and provides a way to truly understand your bike. 8)

If something goes wrong then it becomes like a black box recorder, with bike data at the time of the mishap recorded as you setup what to log.

it even tweets your location over your trip if you want it to.:pow::pow:

Now about the dongle. just do a google search for >>> elm327 obd2

and purchase off ebay for about $17.00. Plug this into your bikes laptop connector.
It has a low power mode on shutdown, but keep an eye on your bike's battery just until you learn its settings

Mines been working fine for over 12mnths now.

you can then connect from your phone and hear and see engine ecu data.

It can work as a pseudo dyno by using your phones accelerometer together with your bikes weight that you enter (dont forget the fuel and your self:p).

This is by no means a trivial app, as you will continue to find new uses for it each day, but its very easy to get the simplest data out of it for starters

it will probably add.......hangon.. 57.0 grams to your bike, so your triples wount be quite as fast ! ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rodders

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That makes my brain hurt.
Plus i only have a poverty pack phone.

I bought one from allphones for $100.00 as a demo older model.

Because smart phones have been with us for a while now, there is no reason to give any more money to the most profitable company in the world....theyre big enough.

Bucket, it can give you a hint when something else goes wrong...as tends to happen to us all::).
You would have seen the intake psi drop off as you went back to where it happened on the map.

That would have discounted the Coils....

anyway, perhaps a demo on youtube may help.

[video=youtube;OCZyxrS_ixY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCZyxrS_ixY&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
The best feature is the data logging with the google map overlay. I really like it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:sign5: :popcorn:

for ur info trippeee ... :gtfo:

A software protection dongle is a small piece of hardware that plugs into an electrical connector on a computer and serves as an electronic "key" for a piece of software; the program will run only when the dongle is plugged in. The term "dongle" was originally used to refer only to software-protection dongles; however, currently "dongle" is often used to refer to any small piece of hardware that plugs into a computer.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Don't make me break out the Gay-0-meter!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
this could be a nice thing to test out, I just need to get that dongle. My friend has one bluetooth dongle, not sure does that fit.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
It calculates hp power. Just give it weight. It also can take querter mile times and stuff like that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts