1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Has anyone seen any impact tests with any CF helmets yet? I did a BIT of searching with no results. I am intrigued that nothing has been published yet (that I have found) other than "lighter weight means less centrif. force in a crash".. ???

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only site that I saw with the carbon version for sale: 699 pounds ~ $1383.75 USD.
http://www.designerhelmets.com/prodlist.php?cat=Schuberth&prod=S1+Carbon

Ouch! :violent1:

This company has the non-carbon version for $469 USD, cheapest I have seen anywhere, but I haven't spent a lot of time looking either:
http://www.extremesupply.com/schuberthhelmets/schuberthS1helmet.html

The other sites had the standard S1 for approx. $630 USD

I have never actually seen a Schuberth in person, but I love the carbon one from it's looks and the company has an excellent reputation for quality.

The BMW unit was around $1500 USD if memory serves.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've got the HJC AC-12 Carbon. Looks killer, light as hell, comfy, but unfortunately the clearcoat on it seems to chip a little too easily, and it's noisy on the highway. Other than that, no issues. Under $500 Can.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice Tripping, I was thinking of looking one of the HJCs up sometime. I also hear that Scorpion may have something in the works with a flip down inner sunshield and air-pump cheek pieces....but no Carbon.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I picked up a new HJC AC-12 Carbon two weeks from a Powerseller on ebay for $275.00, $20.00 for a dark smoke shield, and $14.00 for shipping for about $309.00 delivered. Very nice exterior finish- equal to my 4 Arais. Interior isn't quite as nice and plush as Arai. Fit is a little looser than equivalent sized Arai RX7 RR4 but no hot spots. Easier to slip a pair of glasses on with the HJC. Weight is about 6oz. less than RX7. But surprisingly the wind noise doesn't seem to be any less than the Arais which surprised me considering the lack of Arai-like side plates. A lot of helmet for the money though.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had forgotten about this thread...I tried on a 2x HJC in carbon about a month ago at a dealer south of Knoxville, TN while traveling. Horrible fit for my melon, no way I could wear it as it was way too tight on the sides.

Still waiting for the Scorpion Exo 1000 to hit the shelves so I can check it out though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.