Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noted Cata...Bulldog's clip from the USA website on the frontpage. Does anyone know of the SE being available in the UK?

Also apart from cosmetic changes and the obvious arrow xhaust, what upgrades are there included on the 2005 model. Is it a new generation ECU, have the brake caliper issue been fixed on this special edition.

Thanx

Paul
London UK

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
The SE comes in flat black and is available in a couple of northern European countries at least.

Other than color, the USD $2000 price increase comes with all the "carbon" parts in the Triumph catalog and the Arrow exhaust. Nothing you couldn't do yourself.

The later 2006 bikes have the improved brake rotor pistons - coated and flat top design compared to the earlier uncoated and dished design. This is available for the earlier bikes from your dealer as a "courtesy" fix if you simply ask. Push hard enough, and you get the 675 master cylinder as well. ;)

The later 2007 models get the Keihin ECU that has a slightly different set of tables and "improved" start-up. I am unsure if this is an upgrade or a "new generation" - more than likely just an update.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Devious

Thx.

I thought the SE was available in jet black as well? Also, is the SE current, i.e. are there 2006 to 2007 models as well as the 2005?

Paul

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Dfib said:
LMAO! - TS3.com is listed under the links at the bottom. Trat is mysteriously absent... ;)
As you may recall I wrote most of that article. Why would I include Trat? Jeesh, I want people to get GOOD information.

:devil: :eek:wned:

Note that I did not add the bit about the ECU. Some anonymous but helpful soul did that. If anyone sees anything wrong on that page, or thinks more information on any subject there should be included, just let me know and I'll fix it. Or do it yourself!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
GhostRider said:
Devious

Check this link and click controversy. Details a lot about the ECU and brakes issues. Seems to be hit and miss

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Triple#T509
Crash - That explains the Wiki. :)

The 675 does not use the same piston (just with a coating) - the early stock S3 pistons are dished on the top, where the coated 675 piston is flat. This piston cures a lot of the issues with bleeding and sealing. But I do not know anyone that has the new repair done that has the same problem - especially with the 675 master cylinder. That doesn't mean that it doesn't happen, just that I have not heard about it.

The 2007 model I test rode has brakes that feel much better than my 2005 ever did. And mine are much better than CheapBastard's.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
The brake part does need to be updated.  I wrote that over a year ago.  I'd love to add another section with information on tuning with Tuneboy and other maintenance issues.  I just don't have the time or energy lately.

Edit: I updated the wiki article to include several pieces of information about brake calipers. Let me know what you think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Speed_Triple#Brake_caliper

·
Registered
729 Posts
That controversy part sounds a bit like a personal opinion/internet forum BS more than a fact. Like the 2005/2006 ecu being quirky, hard starting and having bad throttle response. Those are not facts but isolated cases or personal opinions. Other than that good read ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts