Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Triumph:

NEWNAN, Georgia – May 10,, 2007 – Triumph Motorcycles (America) Ltd., is pleased to announce the creation of the ultimate Street-Fighting Machine, the Special Edition Speed Triple 1050.

Triumph has equipped the mean and nasty Jet Black Speed Triple 1050 with a special package of must-have accessories to create the ultimate street-fighter at a very special price. The Special Edition Speed Triple 1050 comes complete with the race-styled Arrow 3 into 1 Exhaust System, 5 different carbon fiber accessories, black seat cowl and belly pan and anodized axle covers.

Priced at only $11,999, the Special Edition Speed Triple 1050 is an amazing value representing savings of almost $1,000 compared to the price of the separate components.

Triumph is only producing 50 of these amazing bikes, and they are expected to sell-out quickly. Customers should contact their local dealer immediately to lock-in one of these hot bikes.

The bikes will be delivered to dealers in June.

Special Edition Speed Triple 1050 Included Accessories:

* Arrow 3 into 1 Exhaust System
* Carbon Fiber Flyscreen
* Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger Kit
* Carbon Fiber Front Fender
* Carbon Fiber Heel Guards
* Carbon Fiber Radiator Cowls
* Black Belly Pan Kit
* Black Seat Cowl Kit
* Anodized Black Axle Covers

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Ho hum, I wouldn't keep the flyscreen, bellypan, axle cover, or cover. I bet that adds up to $1000. Nice though for those who want all that stuff. Triumph is starting to get it. Now if all the bodywork was CF and so magnesium....... :horse:

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
You could build one yourself so there isn't anything unique about the "limited edition". If you wanted that exact combination of accessories I guess it is a good deal. I would rather see a high performance version with forged wheels, Ohlins suspension, upgraded brakes, etc.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Toecutter said:
Ho hum, I wouldn't keep the flyscreen, bellypan, axle cover, or cover. I bet that adds up to $1000. Nice though for those who want all that stuff. Triumph is starting to get it. Now if all the bodywork was CF and so magnesium....... :horse:
+1 :jerkit:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
BORING!

Like always, just a collection of crap from their catalog. Not even a special color, easy to build yourself - WITH MORE POWER AND BETTER SUSPENSION.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I just can't get over it that companies never pay attention to their customers' opinions and come up with these stupid ideas.

Jesus! All they need to do is to log on here or triumphrat and make freaking notes!

:violent1:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Maybe those geniuses at Triumph should spend they're afternoon tea break on this site. They may learn a few things.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
dr_gallup said:
You could build one yourself so there isn't anything unique about the "limited edition". If you wanted that exact combination of accessories I guess it is a good deal. I would rather see a high performance version with forged wheels, Ohlins suspension, upgraded brakes, etc.
hip hip +1

·
Registered
533 Posts
That all depends, if they added the accessories and didn't do anything to address the big ass bracket where the stock exhaust used to be, I'd think that would be pretty lame. I'm not a big fan of 3 into 1 pipes because the tail doesn't look clean.

If they cleaned that all up that might be a different story.

·
Registered
87 Posts
But I bet they'll sell out completely. And as long as they do, they'll think they're on the right track. There are plenty of folks out there that are more interested in cosmetic imagery rather than functional upgrades like better suspension bits.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I can't believe Triumph is passing this off as a limited edition. Charging $2k more for it, then telling us we'll save $1k buy buying it? I can think of better things to buy with 2 G's. How about some lighter wheels? :shocker:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I should note that I was in no way endorsing this motorcycle, just bringing it to your attention! :)

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
just read on www.puretriumph.com that the SE are sold out...just a lil fyi...i know everyone was waiting to trade theirs in :nana:

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
How about they make an S edition? Maybe Triumph just figures owners usually revel in customizing their Triumph anyway so why bother making an S or R model?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.