Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good evening.

got a bit of an intermittent problem with my bike.

so after a ride today i basically pulled stopped the bike and it failed to crank.

i put the key in the ignition turn the key and press the button on the key for the immobilizer, i get a single beep i guess this is to tell me the immobilizer is off. bike in natural, side stand up, clutch pulled in and press start and all i can here is a single relay click.

i also noticed i had no front lights or tail lights, there is no switch for the lights they just come on with ignition.

so i called the breakdown company and when he arrived he checked to voltage to the starter solenoid and that was reading nothing. he jumped the bike off the battery to the starter and it got me home. still no lights until they just suddenly came back on half way home.

fault has now cleared but its happened a couple of times in past couple of months but then suddenly works,

immobilizer fault maybe?

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
good evening.

got a bit of an intermittent problem with my bike.

so after a ride today i basically pulled stopped the bike and it failed to crank.

i put the key in the ignition turn the key and press the button on the key for the immobilizer, i get a single beep i guess this is to tell me the immobilizer is off. bike in natural, side stand up, clutch pulled in and press start and all i can here is a single relay click.

i also noticed i had no front lights or tail lights, there is no switch for the lights they just come on with ignition.

so i called the breakdown company and when he arrived he checked to voltage to the starter solenoid and that was reading nothing. he jumped the bike off the battery to the starter and it got me home. still no lights until they just suddenly came back on half way home.

fault has now cleared but its happened a couple of times in past couple of months but then suddenly works,

immobilizer fault maybe?
Remove the immobiliser for a few days (weeks?) and see if the problem goes away. Had 2 Triumphs with OEM immobilisers that were problematic. Nil problems after removal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for response, good idea, i will have to try and work out how its wired, any diagrams? i dont have a Haynes manual i will buy one and see if its shown on that drawing.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
thank you for response, good idea, i will have to try and work out how its wired, any diagrams? i dont have a Haynes manual i will buy one and see if its shown on that drawing.
You just need to unplug the alarm via a multipin socket on the bike's harness. However a new security plug needs to be plugged in instead of the alarm plug. Basically it shorts out two pins on the socket on the bikes harness, Can't remember which. A Triumph dealer might be able to help you out with the security plug.

·
Registered
2 Posts
TBH, just had pretty much the same problem, check your ignition switch, the wiring harness corrodes also some connections break or water gets in and corrodes the switch contact. Remove tank and I think air box, trace switch cable to connector, break connector, switch on and test switch in accordance with wiring diagram. Then spray with contact cleaner and reconnect. I have split the switch and resoldered connections in the past

1 - 12 of 12 Posts